Tuesday, February 01, 2005

February Stitching Goals:

Work on Fairy Flora
Work on Little Wings
Work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
Start Petal Fairy SAL with Karen
Finish Beneath the Stars

I did it again - so compulsive! This therapist needs a therapist for her compulsive xs spending - but at least I know I am in the same boat with a whole bunch of you! What did I do this time? Oh, I bought another solo.... Isn't it a pretty one?? I am thinking it would be great for Winter Fairy Spirit - it is such a lovely dusky color...looks like winter sky to me.... :-) Here is the fabric's link so I can try it with the Fabric Selector to see if my hunch is right.... I also picked up Joy by The Silver Lining, because it struck me as the perfect chart to use with that Sparkling Sundown Belfast Reflections I recently got from Silkweaver too... I think it will be very striking on that fabric...

Received recently from a friend: "I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the humuan mnid Aodccrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dnsoe't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. the olny tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the hmuan mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azmanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuoht slpeling was ipmorantt!" Got that??

Big DVD release day today - came home with three, that is big! Guess there will be plenty to watch if we do indeed get more snow (sigh) later this week - The Grudge, Mr. 3000 and Shall We Dance? - horror, comedy and chick flick - can't really beat that!

I want this little cat - -I can't have him, I already have six! This cutiepie long haired red persian male is a new guy available from the breeder from whom we bought five of our six cats: Irish Star Persians in New Hampshire... this little guy is built like a little tank - so irresistible! According to Kathy, the breeder, he is very big and is super sweet and laid back - oooooh, but I have six already!! The litterboxes are like a full time job already :-)

Stitched on today: Fairy Flora

2 comments:

Isabelle said...

Oh I want this little guy too! Oh my! He's adorable! You know I'd like so much to have a cat, but my flat is just too small for this, and he couldn't go out... Every day I feel the need of a cat and it's hard to resign myself to the idea...
Oh he's just so cute! Thanks for sharing the photo!

Your fabric is beautiful too! :)

Samantha said...

mmmmm i could read up the messed up stuff easily. but what happens with dyslexics. My DH is severely Dyselexic and when my son was learning to read he was amazed that we remembered the word rather than using each letter to spell it as he does. I might ask DH to try and read your paragraph and see what happens.

Lovely fabric - delicious

Sparkle