Thursday, February 17, 2005

Get Well Soon, Tedy Bruschi!

(photo from www1.whdh.com). It was very sad to learn today that Tedy Bruschi, extremely popular New England Patriot, suffered a possible mild stroke yesterday. His family is requesting privacy. Please wish him well, pray for him and his young family. We need you to get healthy Tedy!

After I was finished blogging last night, I ended up getting in at the end of an auction for this gorgeous Liz Turner Diehl band sampler. It is from the 2004 CATS Festival. I adore this! I am sure it will be quite the scavenger hunt to track down the fibers and ribbons and the like to actually stitch this sampler, but with help from Karen and my own resources, I expect I can do it. Liz is big on using fibers that are less than readily available everywhere, yet her pieces are too pretty to let that be a reason not to do them. Here is the pretty one:

Keeping on his good pace, Ryan Newman came in fourth in the Gatorade Duel 1 in Daytona today - woohoo! And, as a result of staying out of the "big one" he gets to start 9th in the Daytona 500! Woo Hoo! Looks like he has learned how to use his new Charger to draft really well! But, as for Mr. Kevin Harvick, he needs to take some serious anger management classes. It is imperceivable what Jimmie Johnson could have ever done to him to cause inciting this crash and take out several serious contenders. I would hope he is ashamed of himself, but I doubt it. 19 year old Kasey Kahne keeps his emotions under check, but not Kevin Harvick, and his car at the end of today proves it: (photo is from www.nascar.com). It is only my opinion, but I think NASCAR should not "wait until next time," but sanction him now. Jimmie was ahead of him in the race today, so I cannot see why NASCAR threatened to bench him too if this Harvick situation doesn't get resolved. It is so unfortunate. About five serious drivers probably lost their shot at winning on Sunday - take Mark Martin as an example, or Rusty Wallace - due to Harvick's inability to control his anger (though what caused that anger? when has Jimmie Johnson ever been involved in crashing anyone??) - I can't figure any of it out. What a waste at the end of the day! (My little disclaimer - I don't want to offend anyone, and I even have always liked Harvick, but this incident today - just a bit over the top!).

I received my order of Kreiniks and Mill Hill beads for the various Mirabilias from the ebay seller today, so now I guess I should start thinking about the other details, like the fabrics, get the floss, think of WHEN I could even fit these in :-) And, I was high bidder today for a fat half of 28 count ivory jobelan and Lavender Path by Patricia Ann Designs today too....

Thank God tomorrow is Friday! I am so looking forward to the Daytona 500 this weekend!!

Stitched on today: Fairy Flora and Beneath the Stars for a little while at work

No comments: