Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I believe I am about to be "down for the count." It has been a few months since my trigeminal neuralgia, commonly known as "tic douloureux," has flared up. But it is sending out all of its best warning signs now - pain in my jaw, ache down my neck and the sudden shocks of the nerves if I yawn or roll over "wrong" in bed. Geez, I would not wish this horribleness on anyone. I am considered too young for this diagnosis, but I guess I just prove the diagnosticians wrong. I know stress really feeds the flare ups - the horrible driving conditions this week due to the bursts of snow, the office move, the loss of the client last week.... I guess it all just adds up. So, being a therapist I know I must do something for myself - so time to implement cognitive behavioral work (lots of positive self-talk, some thought stopping) and trying to keep the flare ups down.... oh, and stitch - that is a good stress reliever! I would love to chat with anyone who has this problem. My grandmother had it, but she is long gone. I have a cousin in Philadelphia with it too...

Well, the days and hours are ticking down now for my office move, and it is again getting ridiculous. Today the building manager asked me if my husband is coming down on Saturday to move my furniture... huh? The deal was that they were moving my furniture for me. So, she gets back to me telling me that the landlord agrees to have two of his employees move "the heavy stuff only" on Friday - which means cancelling or moving my Haverhill appointments on Friday to be there for the guys to move a small amount of my office stuff. This whole deal is so ridiculous, I will just be glad when it is over now... Mike and I will be there most of the day on Saturday now just getting it done. And, now it looks like the storm gods plan to send plenty of snow our way while we try to get this done. Argh.

But I was greatly cheered up when I got home. I was high bidder for a neat older Goode Huswife chart yesterday - Thy Love Thy Soil which I think is really neat. And I received a whole bunch of stash in the mail today! I received the last of the Silkweaver Solos I have been waiting on - super pretty! I think The Cottage Garden Fairy will look great on it. I also received Skyler Wayne by Indigo Rose, Lavender Path by Patricia Ann Designs, 2004 Celebration Commemorative Sampler by Liz Turner Diehl, 2005 Collector's Heart with linen and charm by Heart in Hand, a skein of Dinky Dyes Fantasy Blues Silk, and Coffee 'N' Cream Doilies by the amazing Patricia Kristoffersen (though now that I see it, I think I have this one already - will have to check). So much all at once - I was kind of hoping the stuff would come in more slowly to extend the joy - oh well!

And, it looks like the theme of "wild hair" continues for the Red Sox this year, as Manny Ramirez shows up for Spring Training looking like, well, this....(photo from www.redsox.com)

Stitched on today: Fairy Flora

1 comment:

Kiwi Jo said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling so good at the moment and hope you can find some peace and tranquility amongst your stressful life. We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow - I want it to be spring so badly!