Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I found this cute quiz in Vash's Stitching Diary today and just had to share this:
You're Betty Boop!
Bettie Boop


Who 's Your Inner Sexy Cartoon Chick ?
brought to you by Quizilla

Had some down time at work today - it is school vacation week in Massachusetts, and one little boy's family seems to have forgotten to bring him today - and I needed a little cheering up due to the neck pain (thankfully, I had one capsule of Celebrex left over from a previous muscle pull, and it is helping) and having driven to work in snowy conditions, I picked up a new 32 ct Jobelan Silkweaver Solo today: I can't wait to find time now to use this in the Fabric Selector to see what I can use it for :-) I love the grayish purple tone to this one... so many neat ideas already flowing in my crowded brain!

It actually turned out to be a big fabric day today. I received my fat half of Cream Quaker and fat half of Cream Jobelan from the ebay seller today - at last I have nice cuts of fabric big enough to work stitch Sampler 4 Saisons by Anagram Diffusion and Mouline Rouge by Long Dog Samplers. And, I got an email notice from Silkweaver that they listed new odds and ends today, and I was able to get 32 ct Rock Quarry lugana (6th one down) and 32 ct Rainbow Sparkle Reflections lugana (near the bottom) - both in good size cuts, each fairly close to fat quarters and highly useable for many projects.

Just learned today that a storm that was anticipated to hit below New England is barreling in now for tomorrow night. Please God, why do you keep doing this to us??? How much can a small area of the country take? I do pray this slows down soon. We have already had over two feet more snow so far this year than we normally get in a whole winter, and it is really messing up my clients' abilities to keep their appointments too, adding up to a rather large financial loss now. Please Spring - where are you?? Good thing I didn't have to work on Monday, because I would have been in the middle of this: "SALEM -- A storm that blanketed Southern New Hampshire with several inches of light, fluffy snow yesterday led to a chain-reaction crash that involved as many as 24 vehicles on Interstate 93 in Salem.
While no serious injuries were reported, the pile-up, which occurred around 7:45 a.m. in the southbound travel lane near Exit 2, tied up traffic for nearly two hours." (From www.eagletribune.com - yesteray's online edition of our local paper).

Anyhow... I found another one of those cute online magazine quizzes that remind me of being sixteen years old. This one is Does He Treat You Right? from Cosmo Girl!, another magazine I subscribe to for my waiting room. I think I will give this one a go tonight :-)

I just went and ordered Indigo Rose's Catherine Agnes from Needlework Corner - I am so excited, I have been waiting close to forever to get this former teaching piece!

Stitched on today: Fairy Flora

2 comments:

Little Grey Cat said...

Oh wow! That is a gorgeous colour! It's hard to get hold of Silkweavers, or any hand dyed's over here in the UK. You are lucky!

tanyah said...

Snow? Whats that? Admittedly it is Summer down here at the moment, but in Winter it really only drops a couple of degrees.

Hope it warms up a little for you soon ..