Saturday, February 19, 2005

My Nashville Release Selections

Like the rest of you, I have looked at the new Nashville Releases and today purchased my choices since they were on sale - Four great choices, starting with Elizabethan Garden Sampler by Brightneedle,Green Old Garden by Elizabeth's Designs,Sentimental Heart Sampler by Sweetheart Tree, andHaunting Mermaid by Carriage House Samplings. So many nice new ones came out, but I am pleased with my selections :-)

Had some fun watching the NASCAR NBS Hershey's Take 5 300 from Daytona today - gearing up for the big one with Ryan Newman tomorrow. Congrats to Tony Stewart - nice pass of Junior late in the race! I am not a Tony Stewart fan, but I think he deserved this win, especially after his infield skid at 180 MPH and ending up right back on the track - woo hoo!

I realized I had to run up to Jo-Ann Fabrics in Hooksett, NH today because there are a few DMC flosses in Fairy Flora that require multiple skeins. So, if anyone happens to read this and happens to plan to stitch this fairy, you will need two skeins of white, 3713, 819 and 3371. I also purchased an extra skein of 211 today as it is used as a blend with white frequently. I am not sure if the extra skein is needed, but it will be close.... It feels like I have been stitching little pink and white stitches forever on her dress. Now realizing I need more skeins of those colors definitely affirms it :-)

I got Earth Angel and skeins of eucalyptus, autumn leaves and grapefruit Weeks Dye Works on ebay for a total song last night... had totally forgotten about that. Maybe I will stitch that one someday...

The Kreinik braids and Mill Hill beads for Feather Fairy came in the mail today - I have been able to finally narrow my fabric choice for this one down - am thinking of using Silkweaver's Green Apple Reflections for her.

Well, we watched Taxi tonight on DVD - yep, as stupid as the critics said it was, yet it really had some funny moments and I can't say that I hated it (Mike did, though)... good for a few laughs, probably best rented or later on cable, though.

Stitched on today: Fairy Flora

No comments: