Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Enchanted Mermaid!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comWow! I just saw this and pre-ordered my copy! I guess it comes out tomorrow! This one is stunning, and I love how Nora suggests that you can embellish her with beads and baubles of your choice....hmmm.. my stash may get a good looking through for this one! Nora has outdone herself again!! Now to choose a fabric.... :-)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Q. How has your stitching evolved since you first started stitching?

A. Hmm... it has been so long since I started, but the most obvious evolution has been my move from aida cloth to linens and evenweaves. I surely will never go back! I believe that happened about ten years ago. Also around that time I moved from simple little x's and backstitching, to specialty stitches. Another turning point was when I learned hardanger as well. A whole new world opened up then!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere is my March installment from Stitching Bits & Bobs Monthly Bits. I got $15.20 worth of fibers for $13.00 including shipping this month, but I don't feel very impressed. The colors seem to be ones that she just wanted to clean out of her shop - I don't like when they do that! I will have to think on whether or not to continue. She sent me a skein of Gloriana Luminescence 100/3 Silk (which I don't mind, but the color she sent...?? icky) in Peach Blush, a skein of Dragon Floss in Calm Dawn, a skein of Ozark Sampler floss in Coral Reef (I have never seen Ozark Sampler floss used in any of the designs by the many, many designers I follow... and this color is so loud)... and the better stuff of the lot is a skein of Dinky Dyes Silk in Salt Bush, and a skein of Needle Necessities in 1572...

Mike picked up Closer on DVD for me today. I have heard the most incredibly mixed reviews on this one, but the cast is too good to ignore, so I plan to give it a go!

Stitched on today: Green Old Gardens at work and Miracle Butterfly (got home too late tonight to make enough meaningful progress to post a new progress pic, though)

No comments: