Thursday, March 24, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere is my progress picture of Green Old Gardens - I brought it to work with me today :-) This is a super fun stitch, so delicate, I love it!

I also started Miracle Butterfly tonight, since the SAL begins this weekend. This is also a really fun project (though, yes, I did have to do a bit of frogging already...)Image hosted by Photobucket.comDoesn't look like much yet, does it? LOL! I am stitching it on Silkweaver 32 ct Chocolate Hand Dyed Lugana. This fabric is a treat to stitch on - my needle is just flying right through it. Sweet!

Today is my "Friday," as I opted to take tomorrow off, partially because it is Good Friday and partially because every other Friday has been orchestrated by me to be a light day... this week is such a Friday and it was easy to just get the day off. I am so looking forward to the long weekend!

We went to the bookstore this evening, and I came across the current issue of Cross Stitch Collection (April 2005), another British magazine. I knew I had to have it when I saw that it has a really pretty band sampler by Patricia Ann Designs...Image hosted by Photobucket.comMy friends and regular readers of my blog know that I have been seriously collecting Patricia Ann charts for a while now... this one is a neat addition! I want to stitch it up, but have to order a pricey skein of Needle Necessities Kreinik #4 braid for the kloster blocks... sigh. Here is what the actual issue cover looks like, in case anyone else wants to get it:Image hosted by Photobucket.com
You know, I have often wondered if there is some way to coordinate a group of stitchers to swap off partial skeins of fibers. You know how we all end up paying a whole lot for a skein of a fiber just to use a little bit for a project... and then we have a whole lot left over? Well, wouldn't it be fun if we could find some way to have a swap for fibers we need in small quantity, and not have to pay for whole skeins of pricey fibers when we only need a little? I wonder how that could be set up and if others would be interested in something like that? I have tons of fibers that meet that criteria - mostly silks and overdyed fibers...

Our journey out this evening also resulted in some fun, older DVDs for our collection: Street Fighter (a silly one, but Mike likes Van Damme), The Wash (also a silly one, but we are both suckers for Snoop Dogg), and Modern Problems (classically funny) - these were all on the bargain shelf :-) We love movies, can you tell??

Stitched on today: Green Old Gardens at work, and Miracle Butterfly

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, the colors in Green Old Gardens are so much more vibrant than the picture on the leaflet. That is coming along so beautifully!

I have a modest but not miniscule collection of WDW threads ( i love collecting fibers ) :) If you ever need a small amount (as in not enough to warrant the $2 each or so! Feel free to send me an email and maybe i'll have it, i'm working on making up a list this weekend actually because i just offered the same to a friend last night and you're close enough that the mail travels fast! :)

Edmond Pontes said...

Good blog. Keep it running!