Friday, March 18, 2005

A little more of Judy's Garden...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere is a (crooked) close up of the area I am working on now on Judy's Garden. I am glad I picked it back up, as it is getting close to done now. It will need quite a bit of beading and putting on charms and the little "glass" flower embellishments, but I love how it is coming out. I wish I had more charts that called for Six Strand Sweets floss. I love these colors!

Don't forget that JJ's Collectibles is having their 20% off sale this weekend! There isn't much that I need or am looking for right now, but I did order Six Hem Sampler by Indigo Rose (well, I hope I did, at least - they use the Hoffman direct order link, and it wouldn't show in my shopping cart, so I had to include in my comments section that I also wanted to order that chart... they do a good job, I am sure they will add it for me) and I ordered a whole bunch of Anchor floss (hard to find around here, and this sale makes it a very good price) for Elizabethan Garden Sampler by Brightneedle, Joy by The Silver Lining, and for this cute Tatty Teddy chart in Image hosted by Photobucket.com...which I picked up at Barnes & Noble while we were out this evening. OK, I know that Tatty Teddy is not my usual style... but I love getting a British stitching mag about once a year... I love reading their articles, their ads. It is fun! And, I liked this Tatty Teddy - honestly, have wanted a Tatty Teddy chart for a while now :-) There are also some cute Margaret Sherry piggie charts in this issue...

Mike and I had a lovely dinner at Olive Garden in Manchester tonight. This is one of my favorite restaurants. I love how they offer lower carb whole wheat linguine, so I don't have to stray far from my controlled carb diet and still enjoy their yummy food :-) The service tonight was awful, but we were not in the mood to be bothered by that :-) The Seafood Alfredo with the whole wheat linguine was delicious!

We also went to the Mall tonight - Mike obtained a Sony PSP off of ebay a couple of months ago, and he is thrilled that the games are now being released this week. So, he had to go and buy a whole bunch (he bought a whole bunch yesterday too) - nice to see him having so much fun with a new toy. While there, I got It Happened to Jane on DVD - I just LOVE old Doris Day movies, and it was a treat to find this one tonight!! Yay!

Well... I joined the Fabric of the Month Club by Dyeing4U today. Initially, I was not going to because the option I was looking for was one fat quarter of 32 ct (either evenweave or linen) per month. But, they do not offer that. They offer two fat quarters per month. But after thinking about it for a while and doing the math, I opted to try out the two fat quarters of belfast linen option for $29.00 a month. Although that seemed like more than I wanted to spend, I see that they charge $24.00 for one fat quarter if you order outside of the club. So, it is close to getting the second one for free, since the $29 charge includes shipping! I can't wait to see what colors they will be sending me next month! It will be about three weeks before I find out, because they ship around the 10th of the month... thanks, Nikki, for getting me thinking about this! (And, while I am thanking Nikki, I also want to sincerely thank her for her super kind gesture today! Nikki went to her LNS last night and she picked up the spool of 010HL blending filament I blogged about needing and is sending it to me - just out of friendship! She is amazingly sweet! Thank you, thank you Nikki!!).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh.... this cannot go forgotten! Ryan Newman got the pole yet again for Sunday's race in Atlanta! I think that makes career Bud Pole #29 in his what...three year??... career. Amazing! OK Ryan, now let's turn in some wins again! (This photo is from www.nascar.com).

Stitched on today: The Orchard at work - almost done!, Judy's Garden and Earth Angel - but oh no! mostly frogging tonight, and a lot of it! Wonder how I managed to mess up already? LOL!

No comments: