Tuesday, March 15, 2005

On your mark, get set, go! Jenn has received her fabric and is ready to start our Earth Angel SAL early :-) OK, but I am going to start tomorrow, because tonight I get to start another big red rose on Fairy Flora, and I am really psyched about that! I am finally seeing some little bit of a light at the end of the long, long tunnel with this project!!

I stopped at Ben Franklin Crafts in Derry, NH on my way home tonight and picked up the black blending filament I need for Miracle Butterfly (along with a couple of extra skeins of white DMC floss - I didn't have the floss list with me, but it is quite obvious I will need plenty of white for this one) - while I was there I was attracted to the amazing dye lots of the Blueberry and Red Plum Sampler Threads that were hanging there - so I scooped up one of each. I know I have these in my stash, but the dye lots for each were gorgeous!

I noticed that Silkweaver is still having their great special on their Jobelan Expressions, and I was very attracted to their Potpourri shade, so I placed an order for a fat quarter of 32 ct - isn't it pretty?Image hosted by Photobucket.comI don't have any specific plans for it, but I know it won't be hard at all to decide what to stitch on it - will play around with it in the Fabric & Pattern Selector soon :-)

What a wild day in NASCAR today! Three crew chiefs have been fined and suspended for various rule infractions in Sunday's race! All three drivers were fined points... though this leaves Ryan Newman in 8th place now, instead of 9th in the points standings, so I can't complain about that! But, I am truly surprised by the fines, suspensions and penalties against Jimmie Johnson! I cannot judge, and shouldn't judge, what I don't know - but it seems like NASCAR came down hard on this team.... I get it about Kevin Harvick, not sure about Kyle Busch.... but perplexed about the whole Jimmie Johnson deal, since his car passed pre-race inspection.... what does NASCAR think they did to it after that, since the car was under their watchful eyes at all times? And, the point loss knocks Jimmie out of first place - NASCAR must have really thought they saw something wrong there to make such a bold move. I am perplexed. If that can happen to Jimmie, it can happen to Ryan too. That part is scary!

Well, it is new DVD Tuesday, and Mike went out and got us The Incredibles and we are enjoying it right now :-)

Stitched on today: The Orchard (just for a little while at work, I really had a lot of treatment plans and progress notes to write today.... but the frogging is done and I am at least stitching with the right color now!) and Fairy Flora

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I can't wait for a new progress pic on Fairy Flora, I love her wings, so delicate! I'm sure your Earth Angel will also be beautiful. I can't wait to see that come along as well :)