Saturday, March 12, 2005

Snowed in today... a little cabin fever setting in...

Yuck. The snow just keeps coming, and Spring is next weekend??! We have been snowed in all day - I really don't know how much snow we have received, but when I went out around 2 PM to get the mail, there were 4-5" in the driveway already. Sigh.

It took me a long time to get around to stitching today, but I finally did - here is my progress so far on Green Old Gardens - I started it yesterday. This is sections 8 and 9...Image hosted by Photobucket.comI am stitching it on 36 ct Light Espresso by R&R Reproductions. This is a very fun stitch!

My monthly floss club came in from Paw Prints Cross Stitch - it starts with the absolutely obligatory skein of Caron Watercolours - Silver Blue (grrr), then a skein of Caron Wildflowers - Silver Blue, a skein of DMC #5 perle cotton - 930(hmmm....), a skein of Weeks Dye Works - Salt Glaze, a skein of Crescent Colours - Deep Fennel and a skein of Olde Willow floss - Token of Love Teal - $13.55 value this month for $11.00 (including shipping)Image hosted by Photobucket.comVery blue scheme this month. I am beginning to wonder if I should switch my options in this club..... I want to get away from Caron Watercolours every month. Maybe I will ask them to switch me to their silk option now...

Good news for me - Jenn emailed to alert me that her fabric is due in any day now, so we should be able to start our Earth Angel SAL next weekend.

I came across this Silkweaver Solo today, Image hosted by Photobucket.com and decided it might work well for A Midsummer Night's Fairy.... :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comAnd, Happy Birthday to Angus (aka 3 of 6), he is four years old today now!

Stitched on today: Green Old Gardens and Petal Fairy... a change of pace, because this SAL has become a little neglected (my SAL mate has been ultra busy this month, so the stitching got put aside)

2 comments:

Bea said...

Carol!
It's really nice your Elizabeth's pattern!! I could see on your blog what I should receive in my March fibers' assortment. I receive it too from PawPrint. But I receive it later, I'm in Italy!
Greetings Bea

anneke said...

Hi Carol, we are freed from the snow. It took 2 days to melt away, and we had the most snow in 30 years or so! You're pretty busy with your stitching. I love to read that: I'm not alone in this world.