Sunday, April 10, 2005


Finally, some little spring blooms in my garden! These are my little tete a tete daffodils, that are in one of the happiest, sunniest spots in my garden. I bought these little bulbs, already forced, in a small pot in the winter of 2001 while we were living in an apartment in Bedford, NH. We had just sold our house in Derry, NH and were building this one in Auburn, NH. I needed some indoor garden.... and they are here, early, every year for me still! You can see that some daylilies are now also spreading over to them and are already trying to come up too :-)
Image hosted by Photobucket.comToday was Passione Ricamo SAL day, and here is my progress now on Miracle Butterfly. I am enjoying her, but I keep hitting these areas that call for the 010HL blending filament, and this is hard to believe, but that fiber still has not arrived :-( I emailed Paw Prints Cross Stitch, and they say it was already shipped... I am hoping it will come in this week. I have so many areas I want to fill in on her. She has a face now, yay! *****If you would like to join our SAL, please do! There are no formal rules or commitments. Just if you feel like stitching on a Passione Ricamo design on a Sunday, then you are with us! It is great if you can post a progress pic after your stitching day at the link above... once I finish this project, I plan to stay with PR Sundays and just start a different pattern :-) It has been a fun group so far, this is week 3.

Well, the Red Sox had another ugly day - they lost again - Blue Jays 4, Red Sox 3. I am looking forward to their home opener and World Series ring ceremony tomorrow - I even took the day off from work to watch it :-) But, on a brighter note.... Image hosted by Photobucket.com(photo from www.nascar.com)Ryan Newman battled back from this lap one bump with Scott Riggs to come in fourth this afternoon in the Advance Auto Parts 500 in Martinsville, West Virginia.... and now back in the Top 10 for points, coming in now at 8th in points! Yes! Fun race to watch - nice to see the determination this week to gain points.

I had a couple of ebay wins today - Issue No. 43 of Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Beading (great chart of Sydney Harbour in this one!), a trio of Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braids (great, could nix them off of my wish list).... and two great Red Sox T-Shirts too - one Damon, one Wells :-)

Gorgeous weather today - didn't get to stitch a ton, spent time in the garden, going for a ride with Mike in the Vette with the top down, just a nice spring day in the 70's here in New Hampshire :-)

Stitched on today: Earth Angel for a little while this morning to finish up an area in her hair where I left off really late last night, and Miracle Butterfly

5 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Oh wow! You've accomplished so much on Miracle Butterfly! Well done Carol. This is truly impressive.

Your daffodils brought a smile to my face :)

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, your spring is finally on its way. Autumn is definately here in NZ - perfect weather for stitching!

and please don't tempt me by enabling me about Indigo Rose patterns, lol. You are bad, bad!

great to see your recent progress pics too.

Unknown said...

We have little daffodils ready to bloom too.. not yet though :)

Getting closer to Celebrations! I just realized it's only a few weeks away, hopefully we can meet up at some point.

Did you get my email response? If you are sending me that chart (green old gardens) then i just want to know what I can send you, you definately don't have to send more than that for a skein of waterlilies, i feel that i owe you!

I have my Legends progress, i will post it soon :) Yours is great, i can't wait to get a dragon's head done!

Cathy said...

My "baby daffies" as I call them are also blooming. The day lilies and tulips are coming up as well. I can't take any of the credit for them though, they were there when we bought the house. I tried to plant some chrysanthemums the other day and they died three days later...I'd better stick to stitching.

Gill said...

I love your Miracle Butterfly! I have only recently come across Passione Ricame designs but I'm hooked, they're right at the top of the wish list. Thanks for your kind words about my Celtic Christmas, I was in real need of some encouragement with that one!