Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.comIt's Tuesday, and that now seems to be Petal Fairy night :-) She is growing wings... hmmm... seems I have been working on wings all week so far :-) I am getting a bit worried about the 9300 #4 braid. I am a very conservative stitcher. I don't waste any threads. Now it does not appear that there is really all that much braid in her wings, but this is coming off of the spool so rapidly that... I might need to see if I can pick up another spool of it at Celebrations this weekend, just in case! Gulp! Heads up, if you plan to stitch her soon... I did see a comment on The Mirabilia Bulletin Board warning that this could happen! Too early to tell, but it is looking a little dicey now.... Katrina, were you able to get through with one spool?

I picked up two more pieces of the 28 ct natural Irish linen for the Liz Turner Diehl gardens at Joann's today... that is all they had left. I hope I can get some more when Ben Franklin's reopens for their Going out of Business Sale :-( Yep, I am still pretty upset about that!

I also received that gorgeous deep aqua solo from Silkweaver today - it is stunning! The ideas are flowing rapidly for what I want to do with this one :-) Here it is again: Image hosted by Photobucket.comAnd, Carol at Silkweavers emailed me today that it is perfectly OK to swap out the Charizma evenweave I ordered in error for Karma evenweave, which is what I really need for Moon Fairy Spirit - I really appreciate them for putting up with me being such a pain the butt this week - I misordered twice, and they fixed it both times! :-) (Nope, I don't work for them!!)

Orioles 11, Red Sox 8.... I am really upset about this one. The Red Sox let go of an 8-3 lead in this one... and Keith Foulke blew another save for us.... this is getting old fast! Tomorrow's game might be rained out.... GOOD, as far as I am concerned - the Red Sox need to regroup and have a little chat with themselves right about now! But... I did pick up their 2005 Official Yearbook while I was out and about today... not in the mood to read it after this lousy (and long) game tonight.

On a brighter note, it is "New Release Tuesday," and DH got us Blade: Trinity and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events :-)

Stitched on today: Peacock Cypher at work, and Petal Fairy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

silkweaver are really good - I changed my mind straight after I'd placed an order recently and they were quite happy to swap the fabric. Not to mention the number of times I've changed my FOTM option...;)

Karen

Isabelle said...

Hi Carol, that's great progress! Those wings are wonderful and I hope that braid shortage won't happen... :-/

The deep aqua lugana is stunning - great choice!

BeckySC said...

Hi Carol!
She's stunning so far! Oh, I want to stitch her everytime you post a pic. You are doing beautifully on her! thanks for sharing :)

Kiwi Jo said...

I love Petal Fairy! You may not work for Silkweaver but you certainly are a good customer!

Little Grey Cat said...

She's beautiful!

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, what great progress you are making on Petal. I had the same worries about the Kreinik too, and was very careful how I used it but in the end, there was plenty left. If for some reason you do run out, drop me a line as I have some spare now.