Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Little Wings is back :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere is my oft neglected Little Wings. I don't think I have touched it yet this month - shame on me! So, I gave it some attention tonight while we watched Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (which I loved). A milestone for this piece, as I managed to get the little girl's face and some of her hair done tonight...

I stopped at Ben Franklin's on my way home tonight. They are having their Store Closing Sale today and again on Sunday... it was packed! The parking lot was unbelievably full and my Jeep almost got hit twice by old ladies who don't know how to park. Anyhow, the sale is only 20% off at this point, but I got to their little needlework section and managed to get two pieces of 28 ct natural Irish linen for my LTD gardens, 7 skeins of GAST and 3 spools of Kreinik #4 braid.... I picked often used shades like 032, 002 and 018.... and I really don't recall what GASTs I selected, just ones that appealed to me :-) I will miss being able to get those so close to the house. I also got a small back of beads that are hearts, leaves, flowers... really pretty! They will make outstanding embellishments on needlework. Someone left them by the register, and in my boredom while waiting to check out, I saw them and got them :-) Bye Bye Ben Franklin's, I sure will miss you!

I did a little online shopping this morning, since Stitching Bits & Bobs is having their second anniversary 25% off everything sale.... their customer service and timeliness have improved markedly lately, so why not go for it... I picked up the three Gloriana silks I need for Take Time To Knit - I know I had ordered the Vikki Clayton silk conversions for this (and they did arrive today....) but I think the Glorianas are soooo much more vibrant, and I am sooo fussy with this being for my mother, so I got the Glorianas anyhow! I will use Vikki's conversions for the NPI and RG fibers though - they look fine :-) I also ordered all the beads and the Kreiniks I will need for Moon Fairy Spirit now that my Karma fabric is on order for this (yay!!), as well as the Kreinik blending filament I need for Once Upon A Time :-)

I received an order from Stitching Bits & Bobs today as well.... this one came in super fast (see, they are getting better!). This was the order for the Golden Grains Waterlilies and the Liz Turner Diehl Emerald Jeweled Garden chart. Ugh. The chart calls for Swarovski Crystals - sounded easy... but she describes them as "Size 6mm Glass Coin Disc, Emerald Green - 9 needed for Garden." I searched everywhere on the internet. No such bead exists! I finally emailed her and I hope she gets back to me with some hints. The chart also calls for a 1/2" x 1/2" Ceramic Green Leaf Charm - where do I get that? That is something I can find by choosing my own, but if she has hints... great! I was hoping the embellishments might be with the chart, but nope.... I hope Liz gets back to me about this... I really want to stitch this one, but need the stash first :-) Oh.... and I received Part 4 (the final part) of Welcome Stitching Club today from Rocky Mountain Needleworking (via ebay).... I love this piece!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Q. Do you set stitching goals?

A. I only recently started setting stitching goals for myself - maybe two years ago. The jury is still out on whether or not I like it. I have a rather strong touch of OCD, so I think I do like it really. I have a file in my Yahoo album that shows pictures of all the projects I want to do for this year... so far I have at least started three or four of them!

I hope my friend Karen doesn't mind my posting this, but I just have to brag on her Petal Fairy - look how pretty this is coming out on Silkweaver's Summer Breeze: Image hosted by Photobucket.comToo pretty!

The Red Sox were rained out today - thankfully! Now Curt Schilling is on the disabled list for two weeks, David Wells for at least four.... and Keith Foulke is struggling with his mechanics and is not pitching well at all... oh God! They play the Texas Rangers tomorrow night... good luck to us!

Stitched on today: Peacock Cypher at work, and Little Wings

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is Karen's Petal Fairy stitched with a different color dress? Maybe it's just the picture because that one looks red and yours looks pink.

Anyhow - Little Wings is really beautiful, I love the green dress in that.

That's too bad Ben Franklin's is closing, i've never been but i do love having an LNS close by where i can get any thread i need. I haven't gotten too much fabric as i usually use what i get in FOTM clubs or i special order something online.

Cathy said...

Little Wings is beautiful. I love all the Lavender and Lace designs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!
Little Wings is beautiful. I am glad you decided to work on it...thanks for sharing!

Karen's Petal Fairy is also beautiful (AS IS YOURS!!!)-I called my dd in to look at them both and she loved them. She is anxious for me to stitch it for her.