Monday, April 11, 2005

Ring Ceremony and a big win too!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comAnd today, for the first time in 86 years, the Boston Red Sox received World Series rings :-) Here is Johnny Damon and Manny Ramirez after they got theirs (photo from www.redsox.com). Even cooler, they won big over the NY Yankees in today's home opener, 8-1. It was great to see Derek Lowe and Dave Roberts there too. Too bad Orlando Cabrera, Doug Mientkiewicz and Nomar Garciaparra weren't there. Nobody expected Pedro Martinez. He is still off feeling jilted by the Red Sox.... silly.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comAnd today was Petal Fairy day! I reset the pixels on my camera and am beginning to take some better photos for my blog now. I really like stitching this one - I wish I could get her in more than once a week :-)

Some really nice mail today - I finally got in the order from Paw Prints Cross Stitch today with the long awaited 010HL blending filament for Miracle Butterfly, so that I can finally fill in some gaps during next weekend's SAL day... and also the 902 #8 perle cotton for Love Letters, two of the Kreinik braids for Midnight Hunting, and Camouflage Silk 'n Colors for Castleton Sampler, so most of these projects are about ready to go now :-) I also received the embellishments today for Peacock Cypher (yay!!) and the three pretty little Liz Turner Diehl knot garden charts from ebay as well.....

The Golden Grains Wildflowers for Catherine Agnes came in today - so all is here now for that one! Karen V., just give me a day or two now to sit down and get the threads together for our fiber swap and I will zip them out to you :-)

Stitched on today: Petal Fairy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Petal fairy's coming along great, Carol! She's so pretty on that fabric.

I'll get your threads together this week :)

Karen V

Unknown said...

Petal Fairy is really coming along! With your frequent updates your blog is the first I visit in the morning :) No pressure :)

Nicole

Katrina said...

Your Petal is looking lovely Carol, you will have her done in no time at all.

Anonymous said...

Your petal fairy looks so nice :) Great progress on her. And she looks so much better than on the cover photo, I really didn't like her at first.

Congrats on your stash arriving finally, it sounds like a wonderful haul!