Saturday, April 23, 2005

Spring Cactus in Bloom

Image hosted by Photobucket.comMy spring cactus has taken to full bloom on my kitchen windowsill.... isn't it a sweetie? I am so glad it decided to bloom this year - it loves the southern exposure out of our kitchen window.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comReally starting to make progress now on finally finishing the pink and lavender dress on Fairy Flora - it shouldn't be too much longer now!

Ryan Newman came in a rather unhappy 14th place in the race in Phoenix tonight, but he did manage to climb up to 7th in points! I realized today that no Dodge has yet won this year... I am not sure the move from the Intrepid to the Charger was at all good for the Dodge teams :-(

Wow, Silkweaver had an awesome 8 hour sale today, 25% off storewide! So, I scooped up a fat quarter of 32 ct Charizma lugana for Moon Fairy Spirit (though I think I was supposed to order Karma for this, oops!), a fat quarter of Tuttie Fruitie belfast for Mermaid Heaven (hey Jenn, I see you ordered some Silver Mist for this one - hmmmm, maybe we can stitch together again??) and a cut of Lakeside Linen 36 ct Vintage Meadow Rue for Six Hem Sampler (I know, I ordered light sand 36 ct for it last night, but Vintage Meadow Rue is the actual called for linen and this sale enables me to get it easily - so I am sure I can use a piece of 36 ct light sand for something else!! - for instance, one of my many Elizabeth's Designs charts....hmmmmm). Anyhow, I am psyched to hear that a lot of my pals have ordered from this sale too - great sale!!!

Earlier today I revisted The Avid Stitcher and picked up two skeins of Moss Waterlilies for Skyler Wayne (she has a limited selection of colors, but only $4.20 a skein!) and a fat quarter of 32 ct Breeze lugana from Sugar Maple Fabrics, a retail shop exclusive color.... I can always use blue fabric :-) And this one was only $18!! Good deals can be found here!

Devil Rays 6, Red Sox 5..... why oh why??

Stitched on today: 17th Century Irish Garden (just finished the backstitching of the camellia garden and did the spider web stitch there too) and Fairy Flora

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm using Meadow Rue in 32ct for House in the Country and I love the colour. LL are so thick and soft, they're wonderful to work with. Enjoy your new fabric :)

Karen V

Isabelle said...

Hi Carol, thanks for the heads up on the Silweaver sale! :)
Unfortunately I saw your email only this morning, and even with though the time lag was in my favour, it was too late... :-(
Ah well... At least I got to check out their postage fees to Europe, and they're VERY reasonnable! That's a nice surprise. :)
Have a nice Sunday!

Jenn said...

Hi Carol! That's funny that you got Tuttie Fruitie to do this piece on as I was looking at it too but, it just didn't call to me. If I don't like the way Silver Mist looks I may just have to order the Tuttie Fruitie. Yeah I'd love to do this as a SAL with you.

Isabelle said...

Oh Carol, I forgot: love your blooming cactus! What a lovely sight! :)