Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Time to start Legends of the Dragons SAL!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comToday is Day One, Nikki's fabric has arrived, so we started tonight. Here is my first night's progress on Legends of the Dragons. We are both stitching this on Dragon Myst lugana by The Blended Needle. Mine is on 32 ct. We are substituing the gold DMC's in the border with Storm Clouds Waterlilies. I saw this on a board once and loved it. When I track it back, I will be happy to leave credit for the lady who originally had this idea :-)

I stopped on my way home tonight and picked up the 3802 floss I needed for Knotgarden, as well as the 3808 and 3809 for Peacock Cypher. I was listening to the end of the Red Sox v. Yankees game on the radio in my Jeep on my way to the store, as I had listened to most of the game in my office earlier. It was a great, competitive game and the Yankees were leading 3-2 when I pulled up. Just then, Jason Varitek hit a home run at the top of the ninth, tying the game! I was dancing all over inside my Jeep! So, I quick ran in and got my floss.... and when I got back out the Red Sox were getting their third out and the Yankees were coming up to bat.... and then, bam, Derek Jeter immediately hits a home run off of Keith Foulke and the Yankees won, 4-3. Oh well, at least today's game was more competitive than Sunday's was :-) All will be just fine in Red Sox Nation. All Empires must fall someday, even "Evil Empires" - ROTFL

It is New Release Tuesday, and Mike dutifully went out and picked up Elektra and Sideways - will have to find time to fit those in while stitching this weekend!

Stitched on today: Green Old Gardens (OK, working that border now!!) and Legends of the Dragons

4 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Oh wow, great progress already! We can see his face! What a beautiful fabric.

Happy SAL! :)

Unknown said...

Yay, so glad we started! You're progress is so much more obvious than mine. I didn't scan in a pic last night so i will have to wait until at least friday to post a pic when i'm home again. I started on the border and got the full crosses done on the left of the border. Then i realized - what color should I use for backstitching the border? I grabbed all the dark blues that are used in the piece and i'm going to try to decide tonight, it has to be something that stands out a bit to really show the knot work.

Great progress on yours!

Gill said...

I've just bought the legends of the dragons chart, its great isn't it! I'd love to join your SAL but have resolved not to start anything else until I've finished one of my current WIPs. Looking forward to seeing yours grow though!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol looking great so far... I *think* you stitch faster than I do! But then I do torturous things like stitch the border first!

Have fun with your SAL