Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I worked a bit on Legends of the Dragons tonight - still motoring my way around the border, started Magic's name (the 931 and 932 in the lettering of his name is a little light on this fabric, but I think I will just stick with it....)
My FOTM from Silkweaver came in today - mine reminds me of their Desert Sky Expressions - it is considerably lighter than in the scan - very pretty lavender/pink/blue misty combination....

I splurged earlier than I expected to and I pre-ordered Celtic Winter today... along with a skein of Crescent Colours that I could not find at the LNS yesterday. It looks like there are quite a few takers for the SAL for this lovely piece - so far Katrina, Karen and Cathy have all expressed interest - we just need to figure out when.... anyone else interested??

I also got myself a kit I have wanted for a long, long time - although I will surely ditch the aida and use evenweave....Maggie the Messmaker (got a great deal, so went for it - didn't buy it from Nordic Needle, just using the link for the picture)

Q. How do you deal with a "stitching slump?"

A. I don't think I have ever really been in a stitching slump. If I were, I doubt I would put any pressure on myself, since stitching is a hobby, not a chore. The therapist in me also says that if I wanted to get out of the slump, I would begin to set small goals for myself... first kit up a project.... then start slowly, maybe a few stitches a night... something like that... sort of a systematic process to reacclimate myself to stitching... if I had to...

What Mythological Creature are you? (Cool Pics!)
created with QuizFarm.com
Stitched on today: Peacock Cypher and Legends of the Dragons

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm interested in doing Celtic Winter with you. Just let me know when. :)

Little Grey Cat said...

Legends of the Dragons is gorgeous Carol :o) I'd definitely up for Celtic Winter as long as I have a few weeks notice to get the materials, but my chart should be here any day now :o)