Friday, May 13, 2005

Started The Celtic Band Sampler

After reading here in my blog that I was getting ready to start The Celtic Band Sampler, Dani very sweetly invited me to join her and Katrina in their SAL that started at the beginning of this month. As if I needed another project to work on, I said yes! How may SALs do I have going... I think this makes five, plus I also have, I believe, three other projects going too... sigh. I couldn't resist :-) I am stitching my sampler on Rock Quarry 32 ct lugana by Silkweaver - I picked this up in one of their Odds 'n Ends sales a couple of months ago. It is under a fat quarter at 16" x 26". I figured I could use it. And it turned out to be the absolutely perfect fabric for this sampler.... So, here is my first night's work.

I stopped at Ben Franklin in Derry, NH again today - they are still clearing out and the sales are 40% off now - I had forgotten to mention I went there yesterday too - yesterday was for the DMC for Celtic Band Sampler. Today I picked up what I could for Story Time (I now want to do it next as my 'at work' project)...Ben Franklin's stock of DMC is running quite low now and there were three or four colors out of stock now, but I am sure I have them... I just needed another excuse to go there. Every time I leave, I wonder if it is for the last time... I have always loved that store...

I had a little win on ebay today - for only $2.54 I got a new, sealed Angelica chart - at that price, I could not resist, and maybe some day I will get a chance to stitch it - LOL!

I have been tagged by Becky! (No Becky, I sure don't mind!!)

The instructions are to complete five of the following sentences, and then to "tag" three more friends.

If I could be a scientist . . .
If I could be a farmer . . .
If I could be a musician . . .
If I could be a doctor . . .
If I could be a painter . . .
If I could be a gardener . . .
If I could be a missionary . . .
If I could be a chef . . .
If I could be an architect . . .
If I could be a linguist . . .
If I could be a psychologist . . .
If I could be a librarian . . .
If I could be an athlete . . .
If I could be a lawyer . . .
If I could be an inn-keeper . . .
If I could be a professor . . .
If I could be a writer . . .
If I could be a llama-rider . . .
If I could be a bonnie pirate . . .
If I could be an astronaut . . .
If I could be a world famous blogger . . .
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world . . .
If I could be married to any current famous political figure . . .

If I could be a psychologist... (well, I am a psychotherapist, so that is pretty close) I would strive to educate more people to think positively and to balance out their negative thinking with solutions instead of dwelling on feeling hopeless about problems...
If I could be a writer... (always wanted to be one) I would write science fiction novels full of space travel, alien worlds, battles between good and evil... :-)
If I could be a gardener... I would plant gardens in every yard! Everyone deserves a garden, and if you feel you had no skill for it, I would help you out - as someone once said, "Life began in a garden," and "One is closer to God when one is in a garden" - I feel truer words have never been spoken
If I could be a painter... I would paint lovely murals to cover up the horriffic graffitti in urban areas
If I could be a doctor... I would treat all of my patients equally, and not judge them by whether they had private or public insurance (grrr.... a pet peeve I deal with at work all too often)

OK, I tag Dani, Jenn and Nicole... sure hope they don't mind!

Yee Ha!! We stopped at the bookstore tonight, and the new issue of Cross Stitch Gold was in stock! Now I have the lovely kingfisher chart shown on the cover that I have been craving since I picked up the previous issue last week!This chart calls to me - perhaps because my mom is a watercolor artist and this is exactly the type of designs she paints! I will probably stitch this for her :-)

Well, the Red Sox sure had a bad night tonight - they really had no pitching to bring to the game tonight and lost: Mariners 14, Red Sox 7. Tomorrow is a new day, and Wade Miller takes the mound, so it should be better :-) The commentators tried to lighten things up near the end for us.... one told corny jokes. My favorite was: Why did the banana go to the hospital? He wasn't peeling very well :-) Another funny one: What does the Dentist of the Year get every year? A little plaque :-) Made me smile.
This was my Beau last night, learning programming by osmosis while I was stitching next to him.... I tried to post this last night, but I screwed up the photo tag, so had to fix it tonight :-)

Oh, and got a new movie while at the Mall tonight - had to, Ethan Hawke is "hot," as my nieces would say, Assault on Precinct 13 :-)

Stitched on today: Peacock Cypher at work, and Celtic Band Sampler

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I will have to respond to the tag on monday :) Just got back from the airport and logged on quick to check email and submit my timecard.

By the way, i got a little surprise in the mail today!!! What fun my mail was after a week of building up - thank you so much for the fabric, i love fabric (as you know) :) Thank you again!!! You really didn't have to send me anything but I am extremely grateful.

Now i'm going to take a nap!

BeckySC said...

Oooohhh...Me again. I LOVE the Kingfisher chart!! I will eargerly await the start of that one!

hugs!

Isabelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Isabelle said...

Oooh... Another picture of your Beau... I love when you show him to us, he's so gorgeous!
Makes me think I should show off my Violette more often too - I keep taking pictures of her but never think of putting them on my blog!

You know, I don't worry about your having many WIPs at the same time. You're so consistent with your stitching that I KNOW none of them will end up as an UFO! I would never be able to do that...

Aint Ebay great at times! That's funny, you paid exactly the price I paid In the Arms of an Angel!
Sometimes you just can't believe the bargains you can make there. :oD

Have a nice week-end!

tkdchick said...

Fantastic progress Carol! It'll be neat to see all three of our finieed CBS's when this SAL is over, we've each picked different fabrics. Its also really cool to see how each person approaches the same piece. Katrina started in the middle. You and I have both started at the top, but even with the same starting point we've stitched it in a different order where I completed each colour at a time you've got the top half of the band done. Very cool. I look forward to working on this piece again next week... its hard to put down!

BeckySC said...

Hi Carol!
The Celtic Band Sampler looks great so far, another beauty added to your WIP's (you definitely have some AWESOME pieces underway!!!), and I am in agreement with Isabelle, no worries, you ARE consitent with your stitching! :) :) :) :)