Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I decided to continue to go on with Fairy Flora tonight, and am glad that I did. I want to thank all of you who sent words of encouragement to keep going since it is nearing its end. You motivated me to do so. Tonight I finished the rose and even got a little of the blue green above it done....
This is for Karen K. When she was here this weekend she was searching to find a chipmunk... they are a novelty to her - apparently they do not have them in Australia. There were a few snacking on seeds Mike put in the driveway for them this afternoon - it was hard to get very close up, but I did get this one for her!
My Shaker's Prayer siberian iris is blooming today! This is one of my favorite siberians and am always happy to see it bloom - it is also one of the first siberians to bloom here...
And our chives have taken off again in our herb garden :-)
I was high bidder for issue 27 of Sampler & Antique Needlework - have wanted this for a while - has this great Merry Cox design, and also features that gorgeous Un Petit Paradis chart too!

It is New DVD Release Tuesday once again - this week it is Seed of Chucky - just couldn't resist it!

Stitched on today: Fairy Flora

5 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Carol, well done on Fairy Flora!

That chipmunk is so cute. We don't have squirrels (and even less chipmunks) in France, and DBF and I kept admiring the squirrels when we were in North Carolina last year! I guess we must have looked funny - they're so common on the American continent, but for us it was magic to see them everywhere! LOL

Thanks for sharing yet other beautiful pictures of your garden... :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol. Flora Fairy is looking fantastic! I love the colours - so much hard work!

We don't have chipmunks here either - unless you have them in a cage as pets. We do have squirrels though and I love watching them.

Your garden is beautiful. You have such pretty flowers. How do you fancy coming over here and working on my 'natural habitat' (well overgrown lol!!!) garden?

Oh Carol, how could you buy Chucky? That film is terrifying! I find dolls scarey even when they are just normal dolls in a shop - I would have nightmares for years watching Chucky - argghhhhhh! (where's my cushion!!!)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on flora fairy: it's so pink, so beautiful pink. And congrats on your antique sampler: I love these designs, but I have never really made one.
And boy, are you spoilt with the quilt and all the stitching stuff! She must really likes you...
Good luck stitching

Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

We don't have chipmunks in Singapore either only squirrel but they too have become a rare site.

Your Flora Fairy is lovely. It is so pink and 1st time I like the shades on pink.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!
Fairy Flora is looking SO lovely! Such BEAUTIFUL work!!

We don't have chipmunk in my part of SC either...however, if you travel a couple of hours north into our mountains, you can see them everywhere. We always feed them when we visit the cottage in the Mountains of Hendersonville. WE DO have enough squirrel that destroy our birdfeeders though! Grrrr!!!

Your B-day quilt is most lovely! I know you will cherish it always! What a wonderful gift to a special friend... from someone that is obviously a very special friend :)

I love Issue 27 of Sampler & antique needlework....WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! Congrats on winning it :)

AND, more beauties from your garden...lovely as always! I almost took some pics of some lillies I have blooming and my buttrerfly bushes :)

Have a good day and thank you for sharing with us!