Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Legends of the Dragons SAL Update

It is Wednesday, so it is Legends of the Dragons night. I didn't get more than a couple of hours to stitch tonight. Anouk and Gig both required a lot of grooming tonight, and their welfare always takes priority over stitching... But Majesty is pretty close to finished now :-)

Q. When starting a new project, do you start in the middle? If you do,
once you've worked down to the bottom, do you turn your chart and
fabric around so that you are stitching the top section downwards
again or do you just stitch upwards from the middle?


A. I don't understand the concept of 'turn your chart and fabric around so that you are stitching the top section downwards again' - how does that work? I don't think you can turn your fabric, or your x's will not be crossed the proper way... am I missing something? I generally do like to start from the center. I see a lot of stitchers start at the top or an outer edge. I can't do that. My math skills are so incredibly poor that if I do not start in the center, I will be way off... have had to trash projects because of this. I truly have a severe math anxiety. Good thing I do not have a job that relies on numbers :-) However, if the project is a band sampler, I do always start from the top - after I double and triple check my math, maybe even have my DH check it for me too - he totally understands that my math is so bad :-)
I simply could not resist this fat eighth of Crystal Splash Cashel by Picture This Plus that I saw on Stitching Bits & Bobs' site today... was just cruising around, but ended up shopping! I have no idea if this color will look like this in real life, but it sure looks like a Dragon Dreams dragon or other fantasy design would looking striking on it! I also ordered up Finley Gold and Dandelion Stem Crescent Colours floss for Blackbird Designs' Summer House... guess I really was just looking for an excuse to order those fibers anyhow.... now back to work, I hear some disruptive children out in the office hallway and I am sure they are mine :-(
I received my "Monthly Bits" from Stitching Bits & Bobs today - I like what they sent to me this month: a skein of Needle Necessities in 178, a skein of Ozark Sampler floss in Blue Ivy, a skein of Weeks Dye Works floss in Old Glory, a skein of Dragon Floss in Friendship, a skein of Crescent Colours Cottage Colours floss in Cheryl Chic (a new release color) and a skein of Gloriana silk in Highland Meadow. This is working out great since Bobbie figured out that I don't care for receiving any crayon bright fibers :-)

Dyeing4U is having an Odd Cuts sale... most of the cuts they have are really small, but I found three that would work for me.... band sampler sized cuts primarily - 28 ct lugana in Manhattan Myst 6.5" x 20", 28 ct lugana in Nautical Lights 9.5" x 12" and 32 ct jobelan in Majestic 9.25" x 10".... they should be fun to use :-)

Almost forgot! Had two ebay wins today... little ones... I got Winter Visitor... and the chart I bid on as a gift for my friend... but I can't write about it because it is a surprise and she reads my blog :-) Oh, and I just noticed I also got the used chart from someone's kit for DMC's Lavender Fairy:
Red Sox 5, Indians 2... finally something good to write about my team again :-)

Stitched on today: Story Time and Legends of the Dragons

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol. That SBQ was from me so you can shout at me for confusing everyone. Actually no, your crosses still go the same way. That is how I've always worked. I stitch the bottom half then turn my frame and my chart upside down and stitch the top half, but downwards. If you weren't confused before, you sure will be now lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol

Legends is looks so gorgeous! I love the colours in this one - all those purples mmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Legends is looking great!

Have you seen SB&B's 4th of July sale yet? ;)

Kitty Couture said...

Great progress on Majesty Carol! :)

What yummy fabric and threads!

Oh and I've got to tell you, I have that kit of the Lavender Fairy in my stash too! Yes, another kit I have and haven't stitched yet... :o/
She's so pretty though! We should stitch that one along too, but when... In another 6 month?

Dani - tkdchick said...

Majesty is looking great! Then you'll just have Wisdom and that border to tackle!

I love the chart you got on e-bay I have that one in my stash too!