Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Two Happy Dances - better photos :-)

Thanks to Mike, here is a better photo of Fairy Flora. Now I hope to get her to the framer soon! This fabric appears much darker in the photo than it is in real life, but you can see the fabric color accurately in yesterday's blog entry, June 18th.
And, here is Peacock Cypher too!! Now to decide what I shall stitch at work.... hmmm.... time to think....
While the camera was out, we caught Beau watching TV on the sofa :-) He is on the newspaper and leaning against one of my project packs (Celtic Band Sampler) - he definitely thinks he rules the house!! The Red Sox and the NASCAR race were on at the same time, so Beau was watching me use that remote an awful lot - LOL!
And, a new Silkweaver Solo was scooped up today - and I also ordered a fat quarter of 28 ct Wandering Ivy lugana too - because I liked it :-)

I had a couple of fun ebay wins too - Just love this Marjolein Bastin chart in this one, plus I got this cute Flower Fairies booklet from our very own Julianna :-)
OK, my energy level for stitching was a little low today - LOL! After the beading marathon, I had so much to do around the house. But here is a little, feeble effort that I was able to put in on Celtic Band Sampler. It doesn't really help that I am a bit bored with the blackwork. I remain quite far behind my SAL mates with this one, so I am considering giving this one an extra evening sometime this week :-) Several projects are calling for extra attention this week.

Red Sox 8, Pirates 0, that's the good news.... Ryan Newman, though, came in 15th in Michigan and dropped down to 7th in points now... just can't get what it takes to win yet this year :-(

Happy Father's Day to those who have dads - mine passed away in 1995, and Mike's father is not on good terms with us.... so it was just a Sunday here. Hope everyone had a good day, though!

Stitched on today: Celtic Band Sampler

11 comments:

BeckySC said...

Hi Carol :)
First off, can Mike give me some picture taking pointers????? Good job, Mike!

Congrats to you on a very productive weekend! I am so happy for you :)

Um, I vote for The Flower Garden Fairy....for work, that is :)

hugs :)

Cathy said...

Wow! Flora looks gorgeous. I love that picture of Beau, too. I just love fluffy kitties!

Kiwi Jo said...

Awesome photos Carol. I can really see all those beads on Fairy Flora now! Peacock Cypher looks great too. The photo of Beau reminds me of my favorite cartoon cat, Garfield!

Jenn said...

Hi Carol,

Beau is a smart kitty. Not only is he watching tv but, I noticed that he is sitting on the Sports section of the paper so he can catch up on the Sox durring commercial breaks. :)

Little Grey Cat said...

That is an excellent photo Carol. I can really see the beads sparkling. Her wings look like they are made mostly of beads. She is gorgeous.

So what are you going to stitch next at work?

Aww just look at Beau. He looks so comfy. My Casey always gets the best seat in the house too lol.

Isabelle said...

Wow! A-ma-zing. There simply aren't any words to describe your Fairy Flora Carol!
And the result on that fabric is stunning.

Peacock Cypher is gorgeous as well.
And then your Beau... He's so funny!

I've been offline for the last 3 days and what a treat I get on coming back online! ;)

KarenV said...

Congratulations, Carol, they both look fabulous! Beau looks really cute sitting there like that - so cuddly!

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, congrats on TWO happy dances, yay for you! I think Peacock Cypher is going to be a new start for me in the very near future after seeing yours all completed :).

hee hee, Beau looks like he quite comfy sitting there watching tv - so cuddly.

Isn't the Fairy Booklet lovely - my brother gave me this one last Christmas.

Katrina said...

me again! forgot to say that your CB Sampler is looking awesome!

zohrah said...

Looking at your progress on the Flora Fairy, have make me decided to start on a Mirabilia design.

And Beau is sitting pretty, I used to have a Persian cat name gypsy and she too loves to laze around almost human-like.

Shelleen said...

Fairy Flora is absolutely gorgeous!!! The pic came out great as well. You have had a great week :-)