Friday, July 01, 2005

July Goals... and a review of June Goals

I have goals to review today, but first here is my first WIP photo of the Mermaid Heaven SAL that started today with Jenn and Amy. I am stitching mine on Impressionism Cashel from Sugar Maple Fabrics, and I do love how the floss colors look on this fabric. I am stitching this in page blocks, as the chart is set up that way... this is a first for me, kind of interesting!!**I am stitching the highlighted part, part 2, which is what I mean by a "page block." I had hoped to get the baby's face finished tonight, but too tired now, so will finish her face tomorrow :-)

June Goals:
1. Continue to work on Fairy Flora - yes, and Happy Dance!!
2. Finish Peacock Cypher SAL with Karen - yes, and Happy Dance!!
3. Continue to work on Petal Fairy - yes!!
4. Continue to work on Earth Angel SAL with Jenn - yes!!
5. Continue to work on Miracle Butterfly - yes!!
6. Put some stitches into Catherine Agnes, and set up a stiching schedule with Karen V. to keep us both motivated - no, and I really, really have to get in gear on this one...
7. Continue to work on 17th Century Irish Garden - yes, thanks to some time with it last night, which was it for the whole month!
8. Continue Legends of the Dragons SAL with Nicole - yes!!
9. Continue to work on Angel of Love - yes!!
10. Continue to work on Little Wings - yes, even though it was only for one night again this month
11. Continue to work on Celtic Band Sampler SAL with Dani and Katrina - yes!!
12. Start Valerie Pfeiffer's Story Time as next "at work" project -yes!!
13. Continue to work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow - no...

July Goals:
1. Start Mermaid Heaven SAL with Jenn and Amy
2. Continue to work on Petal Fairy
3. Continue to work on Earth Angel SAL with Jenn
4. Continue to work on Celtic Band Sampler SAL with Dani and Katrina
5. Continue to work on Angel of Love
6. Continue to work on 17th Century Irish Garden
7. Continue to work on Little Wings
8. Continue to work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
9. Continue to work on Catherine Agnes SAL with Karen V.
10. Finish Story Time
11. Start House Samplings as next "at work" project
12. Continue Legends of the Dragons SAL with Nicole
13. Continue Miracle Butterfly SAL on Sundays
I received an order from Silkweaver today. I just love this Wandering Ivy lugana so much - it is much prettier than I had expected it would be! I also received two of the solos I have shown in earlier entries, and they are also lovely. Plus, I received the fat quarter of Winter Breeze belfast from the trade with Jenn... as it is belfast and not lugana as she had thought it was, it is not gray and white, but rather is a brownish and white. So, this will give me a challenge to decide what to stitch on it. My original plans likely won't work out.... still very nice fabric though :-) Thanks Jenn - I will ship your lugana out to you as soon as the piece I ordered for you comes in :-) **Any thoughts on what might work best on this linen would be appreciated - Jenn has suggested Autumn Queen :-)
Daylily: Ice FogClimbing Rose: Joseph's CoatThis was such a fat caterpillar I found on my daylily today - he is going to be one huge butterfly soon!!

Stitched today: Mermaid Heaven

5 comments:

Little Grey Cat said...

Oh my! I don't know how you keep up with all that.

Just looking at your Currently Stitching pics in your sidebar. There's a gorgeous one there that I don't think I've seen you write about in your posts - just above story time, what is it?

Little Grey Cat said...

I don't know whether you updated just as I was writing that last comment but I see underneath this post is a pic of the one I was just asking about. Doh!

Isabelle said...

What amazing achievements for June Carol! Like Karen, I don't know how you manage all that.

And July may see a Happy Dance for the Petal Fairy, I imagine! :D

Jenn said...

Yahoo! It's July!!! Time to Start Mermaid Heaven Carol. :) If I didn't have to go to work today I'd be starting him now. LOL

You did a great job of keeping up with your goals for June. I should try and do this but, I'm always afraid that I'll never get anything I list done. :{

Kiwi Jo said...

What can I say - I'm in awe!