Tuesday, August 02, 2005

And now, the beading....

All of the stitching is done now, and I even got a start on the beading.... going to finally have that happy dance soon!!
I received my August issue of Cross Stitch Gold today. This issue was really nice, there are some possibilities to stitch in this one... I love the secret garden piece, as well as the sunflower field :-) And, I also received the most perfect Silkweaver Jobelan Solo for Fairy Idyll - it took me forever (over a year) to find the right fabric for this one, and now I am dying to start it!

I did my shopping with my gift certificate tonight, as I saw Stitching Bits & Bobs posted another great sale - I picked up the six skeins of NPI silks I need for Victoria Sampler's new Heirloom Homecoming (I have elected to do the Rustic colourway....) and I also got Stoney Creek's very cute new Fish City chart - because who can resist that one anyway?? LOL! Thank you so much again, Jenn, for this extremely generous gift! I hope you like the choices I made :-)
Daylily: NorthfieldTall Phlox: Franz ShubertDaylily: Janice Brown

Red Sox 6, Royals 4 :-)

Stitched on today: Petal Fairy

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah your on to the beading!!! :) I can feel a happy dance coming on. I looked at Cross Stitch Gold in the store over the weekend and your right it did have some nice pieces. I like the cat on the sill and the sunflowers.

Bastet said...

She's gorgeous! You've really done a good job.

Anonymous said...

She's looking great Carol! You're making fantastic progress :)

Unknown said...

She looks great! How much beading does she have? I hope you enjoyed your long weekend :)

Kathy said...

Wow carol, you will have her finished in no time at all. Well done, i am looking forward to seeing her done.

Hugs xxxxxx

Schokti said...

Carol! She is incredible! Does she have antanae or is that just my need for glasses? She is so sweet! I can't wait to see what the beading adds if the backstitching added that much! I am jumping up and down for you already! :D

Kiwi Jo said...

Go Carol!!!! She looks stunning.

Dawn T. said...

I am speechless! She is beautiful! I can't wait to see her finished.

Kitty is doing better today.