Tuesday, August 02, 2005

And now, the beading....

All of the stitching is done now, and I even got a start on the beading.... going to finally have that happy dance soon!!
I received my August issue of Cross Stitch Gold today. This issue was really nice, there are some possibilities to stitch in this one... I love the secret garden piece, as well as the sunflower field :-) And, I also received the most perfect Silkweaver Jobelan Solo for Fairy Idyll - it took me forever (over a year) to find the right fabric for this one, and now I am dying to start it!

I did my shopping with my gift certificate tonight, as I saw Stitching Bits & Bobs posted another great sale - I picked up the six skeins of NPI silks I need for Victoria Sampler's new Heirloom Homecoming (I have elected to do the Rustic colourway....) and I also got Stoney Creek's very cute new Fish City chart - because who can resist that one anyway?? LOL! Thank you so much again, Jenn, for this extremely generous gift! I hope you like the choices I made :-)
Daylily: NorthfieldTall Phlox: Franz ShubertDaylily: Janice Brown

Red Sox 6, Royals 4 :-)

Stitched on today: Petal Fairy

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah your on to the beading!!! :) I can feel a happy dance coming on. I looked at Cross Stitch Gold in the store over the weekend and your right it did have some nice pieces. I like the cat on the sill and the sunflowers.

Bastet said...

She's gorgeous! You've really done a good job.

Karen said...

She's looking great Carol! You're making fantastic progress :)

Nicole said...

She looks great! How much beading does she have? I hope you enjoyed your long weekend :)

Kathy said...

Wow carol, you will have her finished in no time at all. Well done, i am looking forward to seeing her done.

Hugs xxxxxx

Christine Doyle said...

Carol! She is incredible! Does she have antanae or is that just my need for glasses? She is so sweet! I can't wait to see what the beading adds if the backstitching added that much! I am jumping up and down for you already! :D

Kiwi Jo said...

Go Carol!!!! She looks stunning.

Dawn said...

I am speechless! She is beautiful! I can't wait to see her finished.

Kitty is doing better today.