Monday, August 22, 2005

Celtic Ladies SAL - Updates on Ideas, Dates, Info...

The Celtic Winter SAL has officially been renamed The Celtic Ladies SAL :-) A couple of ladies are interested in joining, but want to do other Celtic Ladies... Celtic Summer being second most popular to Celtic Winter. Hey, why not? Also, nobody has offered any ideas on when to start in September.... so start whenever you please in September... or before... I think I will be starting about mid-month after Miracle Butterfly is done. This SAL (stitch-a-long) has no real structure. Stitch on whatever day you please, or many days a week. Stitch as little as you please...or can fit in. I know many of you are now into doing the exchanges, and that eats up your stitching time. But you are still welcome in this SAL if you would like.... the idea is for many of us to be doing the project (or any Celtic Lady project) and can chat about it and share WIP pics.... this is for fun, not for work :-) So.... who's in??
I couldn't really decide what to stitch on tonight.... so I picked up Miracle Butterfly again and stitched a bunch more on her other wing. But it felt strange to be working on her on a day other than Sunday. I am so used to peering over my Q-Snap at NASCAR!! Well, I figure I will be picking this up often for the next couple of weeks to get it done and open up the needed slot in my rotation :-) Now that she is showing more color on the left side, I am liking her even more.... But she is not as close to done as many of you are commenting in my blog... she has a border that is yet to be stitched too....

I got the floss today for Spring Ride, an upcoming SAL for next year.... but that is about the extent of today's stash excitement :-)

Stitched on today: Miracle Butterfly and 17th Century Irish Garden at work (finding time to make some decent progress on this one.... so I will get a new WIP pic up fairly soon - I am glad I decided to make this my 'at work' project instead of starting something new).

8 comments:

Gill said...

Miracle Butterfly is coming along nicely! I have never worked with blending filament, but I feel your pain, hang in there!
I am with you on the Celtic Ladies SAL - I will include it in my rotation working on it for roughly 5 days a month - I'm expecting to start in about 2 weeks.

Jenn said...

I'm with you too on the Celtic Ladies SAL. I don't really have any pieces that I'm close to finishing so I'll probably just find a day towards the begining of September and start on my piece. Now I just need to get everything together for her.

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Carol, I just checked out the model for Miracle Butterfly, I had forgotten there was a border... Still, you have really stitched a lot on her. :)
I love it that your pictures are now clickable onto larger ones! It's even more impressive to look at your stitching now. :)

Kathy said...

Wow Miracle butterfly is fantastic hun. I am def in the SAL, and will be starting mid month like you as I would like to get CA done first. I may take her with as I am off for a couple of days tomorrow.

hugs xxxxxx

Bastet said...

The border isn't that extensive, more bored work than anything. :) But seriously, she is in the last leg of the process and coming up fast...
I've worked with blending filament and you have my deepest sympathies. They are a pain in the neck!

Anonymous said...

Miracle Butterfly is really pretty!

P.S. What do you dowith all of your completed pieces?! There can't be an inch of wall space left in your house. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, so there's even more of us in the SAL now :oD I'm still in!

Miracle Butterfly is just stunning!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol I don't blame you for pulling her out! Not too long until you're HD'ing again!