Friday, August 05, 2005

Here is the reason why my blog entry is so late today... instead of working on the Celtic Band Sampler SAL, as I should have, I decided instead to put another night into Convent's Herbal Garden... just because I am enjoying it again so much! I was exhausted when I finally put it down, so I just went to bed :-) And, while I love stitching along with Dani and Katrina, they started ahead of me and are way ahead of me with Celtic Band Sampler now... and while I also love the sampler, I find it rather boring... so I had tons of excuses to stitch on the garden tonight instead! But, I will buckle down and "do the right thing" soon - meaning, get back to Celtic Band Sampler :-)

I received a lovely package today from Karen - I picked up a Spring Ride chart for her (should be here soon, I got notice it was shipped to me...), and she sent me the most adorable Valerie Pfeiffer kit, Fish Tonight! Those puffins are the cutest!! And, I will also be sending her the white Wisper for Celtic Winter.... I can't believe she sent me an entire kit! Well, watch out dearie - there will be a little surprise in the package too to even it up.... and because she is a dear pal!

I was high bidder today for a fat quarter of Sugar Maple Fabrics 28 ct Hudson's Bay Jubilee :-) I received a really pretty 18" x 18" piece of Silkweaver 32 ct Periwinkle evenweave from ebay today.... love it :-) I also stopped and got the floss I need for Fairy Idyll today... as I noticed that I do not currently have a Mirabilia in my rotation... that feels strange!
Daylily: ZenaDaylily: Siloam ValentineDaylily: Javanese Jewel

Yay, it is Friday! Mike and his friend will be busy, busy, busy putting up insulation and sheetrock, as well as doing some plumbing, in our soon-to-be finished off basement.... so I get to relax, stitch, watch baseball and NASCAR... cool, eh?? And, I shall post pics of the basement in progress as soon as I can get some good ones.

Stitched on today: Story Time and Convent's Herbal Garden

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go away from the computer for a couple of days and miss your finish on Petal Fairy. AWESOME job!!!!

BeckySC said...

Droooooooooooooling here :)
WOW, awesome :) I love Convent's Herbal Garden!!!!

Beautiful flowers :) :) :)

Have a great weekend, Carol :)

Kathy said...

Love the COnvent herbal garden, I just love the colours.

Have a great weekend

Hugs xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

That really is so pretty :o)

Glad you like Fish Tonight, and thank you so much for sorting out Spring Ride for me and sending me the whisper. I am so looking forward to receiving it!

Running Kiwi said...

Those colours in Convent Garden are bee-u-ti-ful!! I'm not surprised you couldn't put it down :)

Froggie said...

I absolutely love the Convent Herbal Garden! The colors are fantastic! Thanks for posting a large pic so I could really see the detail.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh I think I'm falling in love with Covenant Herb Garden!

Lelia said...

This is lovely! Such a spectacular project. You manage a lot of stitching ; ) What is your secret?