Saturday, August 27, 2005

I worked on 17th Century Irish Garden for a while during the long car ride this morning, and then for a little bit when we got home (while I also watched Ryan Newman get intentionally crashed out of the race by Dale Jarrett!!).... so here is an update....as you know, I have been finding small bits of time here and there at work to stitch on this too...

Here's my August Fabric of the Month from Silkweaver that came in today's mail... a pretty green and lavender combination... and I received The Kiss kit already from the ebay seller, as well as the set of three Mirabilia charts from another ebay seller... two of which will be used to gift friends in the future, while I will be keeping Spring Queen...

As for the fantasy charts I showed in my blog a day or two ago, Blackwork Dragon and Esmeralda have been claimed.... I am keeping the Black Swan stocking and TW's Romeo & Juliet.... if you want any of the others, please shout out to me - thanks!

The wedding was fun :-) It was a little "hippie wedding" out in the field behind their house... Mike's former boss and his new wife.... we gave them a division of one of our Canadian Border Patrol daylilies (pictured) for their "Wedding Flower Bed." They are going to have a gorgeous garden based on what I saw coming in from their guests :-) I was glad to learn the bride's favorite color is purple, making my daylily choice quite appropriate for her. The weather was a perfect 80F and sunny for their special day :-) Mike took video, so I don't know if there will be any stills sent my way to post... but hopefully there will be :-)

Celtic Ladies SAL Update: Margaret in Maryland does now have a blog :-) She is: Margo's Musings - hope you will visit her. I see that nine of the 13 of us in the SAL have signed on to the Yahoo group. I sent email invites via Yahoo to anyone who's email address I had, and then heard from two of you that you never got the invite :-( I am so sorry, I am not trying to overlook anyone. I expected Yahoo to do its job and send you the invite.... There is a join button to click in my previous post.... would hate to have some of you missing from that, but that is up to each of you to decide to join in over there...

Stitched on today: 17th Century Irish Garden

5 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

Hope you had fun at the wedding. I just ordered the chart and silks for the Garden Spot Sampler LOL!

Lelia said...

Thanks for the updated Irish Garden snap. That project is so beautiful.

Stitch well ; )

BeckySC said...

Oh, your Irish Garden is looking awesome!! Go girl!!!

hugs :)

Bastet said...

Love the Irish Garden. It's coming along beautifully. Thanks for sharing it's progress.

Anonymous said...

Irish Garden is looking fantastic Carol - great progress!

I emailed you (Saturday?) about the mag - thanks for letting me know the status :) We've been away for the past week, so I'm just catching up with everything. Have a great day! :)