Thursday, August 25, 2005

It is Thursday...it is Celtic Band Sampler night! I was able to finish most of the big blackwork band... it still needs gold stitches in the flower centers, etc. I will get those done this weekend, if I am lucky.

Well, now I am not totally sure what I will use for the new Mirablia... I found out I was high bidder for a limited edition color of Sugar Maple Fabrics 32 ct opal lugana over on ebay.... Sunken Treasure.... photo looks blurry, but the color looks great!!

I've been going through a bit of a lousy adventure with Stitcher's Dream, and it did not end well at all. I ordered a piece of their hand dyed fabric back in early July. After I did not receive it 2-3 weeks later, I emailed her. She said her father in law had died. I waited longer, as she said she would get my fabric out. I got nothing. I emailed her three more times, no response. I could not file a PayPal complaint because 30 days had expired. Finally, she replied to me last night - very nasty.... denies getting my emails... denies everything, and surely no apologies. But I did get my money refunded to my PayPal account. I most certainly will never buy from her again.... thought I would warn others, as she deserves to have her bad behavior documented as well. I feel like she told me a bunch of lies, because she was not consistent in anything she said to me. What terrible business practice!

Anyhow, in brighter news, I received the two pieces of 40 ct R&R Daily Grind for the Jeannette Douglas project in Just Cross Stitch - one for me, and one for Becky :-) Along with the linen came the bunch of Dinky Dyes Silks for Taj Mahal and the new GAST Shaker Threads that I wanted for my stash.... and the Beware of Cat chart too.... and this is kinda neat (to me, at least!!)- I was high bidder for a bead pack for Titania, Queen of the Fairies over on ebay.... someone is putting these together to sell, what a good idea! It saves me from driving around to the local craft stores (especially with gasoline approaching $3 a gallon)... and the bead pack was very inexpensive (I don't think she made any money)...

My weekend has started early. I didn't schedule any clients for tomorrow, and I am really looking forward to a day off. I have to look around in my garden and select a perennial or a division of a perennial to dig up and pot up to give to the bride and groom on Saturday... they are doing a "Wedding Flower Bed," which is a perennial garden they are planting in front of their house with the plants they get at their wedding.... and I think that is a way cool idea! I just can't decide what to give them yet....

Stitched on today: 17th Century Irish Garden at work, and Celtic Band Sampler

6 comments:

Bastet said...

Never heard of her before. Thanks for the heads up. I agree, the way she handled your order was in no way professional on any level.

Anonymous said...

I think the blackwork band is so pretty - still my favourite bit of the sampler.

What a nightmare with Stitchers Dream. I've never heard of them before but I think that one will stick in my mind now.

Oooh you got a long weekend - is it a Bank Holiday over there on Monday? It is here and I am so looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

My local craft stores have a really, really, poor selection of everything. Is there a store online you would recommend for purchasing the beads and Kreinik for Mirabilia projects? I don't mind paying a little bit more than retail if it saves me hauling 4 kids to 3 or 4 different stores.

Jenn said...

Enjoy your long weekend. I wish I could join you. CBS is coming along nicely. You should have it finished soon.

Lelia said...

Sorry for your unkind treatment. Enjoy your long week-end. Your blackwork band is very beautiful. the details pop in your photo!

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you got your money back. Happy stitching. You are doing great. Ann.