Thursday, August 11, 2005

Story Time Happy Dance!!

I finally finished Story Time at work today! I am really pleased with how this one came out. This was my first Valerie Pfeiffer design, and I know I will be stitching more. However, I did not like how she charts her fractional stitches. She just places a smaller version of the symbol in the block... but does not give you any indication of what direction to put the stitch in.... that was really frustrating. I looked at the photo, and I did not place all of mine as she did in hers... but it still worked out. I think this will be a gift for my mom, who, like me (and my cat, Angus), loves to feed and watch the birds. I stitched this on 28 ct Antiquity Jazlyn by the now out of business Dyeing4U. I stitched it whenever I could at work from 6/22/05 to 8/11/05.
And, I know I am bringing up the rear in this SAL... one stitcher is done, they other warns she will be ASAP.... but, at least I finished the band I was working on tonight - and I even stitched the "I" in the next band.... that's progress, right? LOL!

The mailman was generous today - he delivered the most beautiful flat fold made for me by Becky - I am not sure if she wanted me to post a pic of it.... I have to clarify that with her. If she says OK, I will put one in tomorrow :-) And I also received the fat quarter of 28 ct Hudson's Bay Jubilee (looks more like lugana, though, which is a good thing!) by Sugar Maple Fabrics from an ebay seller... and, and this is great news as I have been anxious to get this - I received Sebastian directly from Michelle at Heaven and Earth Designs (I think he looks like my Angus!!).

I took some pictures of my sad little office in Lawrence, MA today. This office is soooo far from what I want it to be.... but I will still share it -
This is the view of part of downtown Lawrence, MA (a very poverty stricken, melting pot city.... very old industrial town where most of the oldest buildings, including the one I am in, are old mills - primarly paper mills)from outside my office window...My messy desk... a cluttered area showing you how much paperwork is piling up on the right side...and a lot of little gifts from clients too... this is another place where I read a whole lot of blogs when I am there on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays...LOLThis is now the next small room (it is an office of two small rooms) showing my bookshelf of clinical tomes and toys for kiddos.... and my much beloved autographed Red Sox photo from a client (on the window sill... tiny, you really can't see it)...Where I sit.... and sometimes get to stitch! (I bought that quilt hanging on Yahoo auctions a few years ago from an elderly lady trying to make ends meet selling quilts - it is hand quilted and uneven, but I love it dearly...it is all little coffee cups)...And, here is where my clients sit... this is taken at an odd angle, but the room is a small box and I could not figure out how to get everything in without doing it this way.... so, that is my sad little office :-)

Stitched on today: Story Time (Happy Dance!!) and Celtic Band Sampler

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah another happy dance! Thanks for the info on the 1/2 stitches. I'll keep it in mind if I do one of her pieces. Do you know what is going to take Story Times place at work?

Kiwi Jo said...

Love the birdies Carol. That fabric is absolutely perfect. I'll have to take some pictures of my office masquerading as a cupboard. I don't have clients though so I shouldn't really complain!!

Bastet said...

Are those chickadees? They remind of somehting of the birds taking dust baths in front of the apartment building. Adoreable. Have they helped you decided which project will replace it for a work stitch?

Anonymous said...

Story Time looks really cute - congratulations!

Keep plugging away at the band sampler, it's looking lovely and it's going to be gorgeous when you finish it :)

Kathy said...

Congratulations on Story Time it looks fab. Your sampler looks lovely looking forward to seeing the next installment of WIPs.

Its nice to see all your different WIP's it gets me going when I have a day where I can't seem to get into motion.

Hugs xxxxx

BeckySC said...

Congratulations on your HD! It looks wonderful! I have 2 of her charts that I want to stitch...thnaks for the heads up on the fractionals :)

Your progress on the Celtic piece is awesome! I love this piece.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Story Time looks great! You made some good progress on Celtic BS. I found tackling it one band at a time was the way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish Carol. Ann.

Running Kiwi said...

Lovely finish Carol, they're very cute! - your office doesn't look too bad, although it looks to be a sad area.

Not far to go on the band sampler!

Kitty Couture said...

Well done on Story Time!! How fast you stitch.
It's nice to see where you work too!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carol,
I am cross stitching fan from Hong Kong and love to view your BLOG. Your working place is very nice but the photos are too small, may I know how to enlarge it for view?