Monday, August 15, 2005

Thanks Bea!!...& Reviving an old UFO :-)


...Oh, and yet another blog name change... I think I like this one better, with my name off of it :-)

I revived an old UFO tonight.... I cannot for the life of me remember when I started this, but I do recall stitching it... strange...It was definitely years ago, the chart is copyrighted in 1994...I am guessing I started this maybe five or six years ago.. this is Girl with Cat by Lanarte/Stoney Creek. Photobucket is down, so I had to use Blogger to upload the photo... wow, it's pretty small! You really cannot see all the white on white and 746 on white that is in the piece so far.... you will likely see it better in upcoming pics. I enjoyed stitching this so much tonight! I love how most of it is one strand of floss over two threads, while some colors are two strands of floss for depth... But my dilemma is this: where can I slide this into my rotation? Oh, the decisions to be made! I don't want to sacrifice anything else. Mike really likes this one, so it is "on" - I will be stitching it regularly - somehow, some way!!
I received a packet of belated birthday gifts from Bea today! I think she is in Ireland right now.... I love belated gifts, don't you?? Look at that sweet little sachet bag, plus a gorgeous skein of GAST (I can always use that!). Bea, you are a little doll, thanks so much!! And... that is not all she sent! She also sent me this adorable chart that I have longed for (and I don't know if she even knew I was longing for it!!):Mini Lighthouse 1 by Michael Powell!!!
The mailman also brought me some of my usual stash supplies.... I received the very pretty Mindy's Medleys #3 belfast fat quarter by Sugar Maple Fabrics from an ebay seller... and the August silk fibers of the month from Paw Prints Cross Stitch - a card of Glissen Gloss Colorwash Silk in 508, a skein of Soie d'Alger in 112, a skein of Silk Mori in 5055, and a spool of Soie de Paris in 1714 - very exotic little collection this month :-) And I also received 18th Century Colonial Garden, which had been on backorder for just a little time.... oh, and at last! The magnifica beads for Celtic Winter - those were seriously backordered (apparently, Mill Hill has been slow in getting those out... I noticed it at my LNS and through another online site too)... but, they are here now :-)

And, also, thanks Jenn for another great trade - she sent me a couple of skeins of Needlepaints and another cute Michael Powell chart! Thank you, thank you :-)

Stitched on today: Girl with Cat and 17th Century Irish Garden at work.... (yep, my new work piece)

10 comments:

Schokti said...

Goodness, Carol. It has been 3 days since I last read your blog and it seems you have been busy!! Two name changes and awesome stitching progress....Great progress on Miracle Butterfly - thanks for showing her face - there is a tremendous amount of beads there!

Jenn said...

I'm glad the MP pattern & the needlepaints arrived safely. :) I really like the MP Mini Lighthouse chart. It's so cute. Are you planing on doing it soon?

Katrina said...

Hi Carol - great name change, even more suitable for you:) thanks for the upclose pic of Miracle Butterfly too - its gorgeous.

Kathy said...

Oooooo love your new blog name.

Wow Girl with Cat is georgeous, I just love stitching animals.

Hugs xxxxxxx

Kitty Couture said...

Oh, what a wonderful design! I love love love it and you definitely have to bring it into your rotation!

Great new blog name too... but I liked "Carol's Stitching Garden" just as well! :o)

BeckySC said...

I liked Carol's Stitching Garden too :) :) :)

I LOVE your progress! WOW, I am happy you put this one back into rotation!! BEEUtiful!

hugs :)

Dawn T. said...

Girl with Cat is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing it come alive. :)

Bastet said...

I love girl with cat! Can't wait to see how it comes along. As for Miracle Butterfly, you definately deserve a rest from the white....

Lelia said...

Carol: Ok, new name is good .... thanks for visiting & leaving comments on my blog. How far are you into the Sanctuary? It is a beautiful piece & I think Garden of Stitches would be a perfect name for the Sanctuary. Besides, who doesn't like to stitch flowers?

Anonymous said...

Love the latest name change, Carol. I think it's a keeper! Too bad I haven't been keeping up with your blog because BlogRolling doesn't seem to be giving me the right update information!