Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tonight was Earth Angel night.... I did a bit more of the white in her wings, and even did a little near her body to begin to work on the inner shape of the wings... then bopped over to do some more of the greenery so I would not be lulled away by the white - which really has not been as bad as I had envisoned it would be :-) I will put up some closeup scans next time - she is so much prettier than she looks in these large wip photos.

The October 2005 issue of Just Cross Stitch arrived today - and finally! One of my favorite designers is being showcased!! Jeannette Douglas! Look at this wonderful Autumn Stitches project that is in this issue. I adore it! Of course, it calls for pricey silks that are a bit tough to find around - Gloriana Silks, NPI Silks, Soie D'Alger, Bijoux Metallic Thread and the By Jupiter! charm... but I am determined to do this someday...soon! If anyone else plans to stitch this, would you be interested in sharing fibers??

I got in the large Silkweaver solo I bought last week, and it is gorgeous! And, I had forgotten, but last night I was high bidder for Beware of Cat on ebay. I generally stitch a Halloween design every October... maybe I will do this one this year... if I can even fit a Halloween design in this year...

New DVD Release Tuesday! Double the fun this week! Mike got Sin City and I got The Wedding Date :-)

Red Sox 10, Tigers 7...

Stitched on today: 17th Century Irish Garden at the office, and Earth Angel

Oh, some sad news for avid stitchers who love hand dyed fabrics - if you get their Solos update, you saw this - but their primary dyeing lady fell very ill yesterday and had surgery today. Sure hope she will be OK!!!!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Carol! Katrina told me that you were pals too, she is so lovely and one of my dearest friends. I love your blog and all the things that yu have done. I am still learning with mine, I can post the pics now and that is cool. Katrina is helping with other bits and my other friend Lisa will too. Keep up your very neat blog

Kath

BeckySC said...

Oooh, I a MUST have for me-Will be calling the shop tomorrow! I will share fibers with you, Carol...do you want me to order, or you? It doesn't matter to me, just let me know :)

hugs :)

Kiwi Jo said...

Yah! That means my JCS will be here tomorrow - mine is always a day later than yours! Thanks for the preview!

Schokti said...

oooo.... That is a pretty design. I am not traditionally a fan of JD, but this may convert me. I might actually have to go out and buy this magazine. Thanks for showing it, you evil enabler! :D

Gill said...

Earth angel looks good, hang in there with the white!

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty JD design! Definitely my colours ;) Would you mind saying what other designs are in the mag this time? I don't have a subscription so I'm wondering if it would be worth getting this one as a one-off

Kathy said...

Oooooo I love the little JD design.

Earth Angel is looking fab.

Hugs xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

wow! good work.

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, the Oct JCS issue looks like a goodie - it will be another 2 months before it gets to NZ. You wouldn't be interested in working out a trade for one with me? :)

Bastet said...

I love Earth Angel. She's coming along nicely. I don't blame you with the white for the wings. It can be very tedious and then annoying etc.