Monday, August 08, 2005

Working on getting back into a rotation now....

Now that Petal Fairy is finished, I want to get back into a rotation again. So, tonight I picked up Earth Angel at long last... I am starting to realize how much I missed many of my projects! I finished all of the shading on her wings, and I added six or seven more rows of the white filling at the top section of her wing.... then branched off to work on some of the greenery at the bottom of her dress. I will likely do the wings that way until they are done.... a bunch of white, and then some time with other colors to break the monotony :-) Right now, it looks like I have about 100 years of stitching with white ahead of me!!
While cleaning out some things in the basement in order to make room for the new construction project, Mike found a basket in one of the boxes. He had no idea what to do with it, so he put it, empty, on the coffee table in our living room. I waited a few days to see who the first "taker" would be - and tonight the prize goes to Lily! She stayed in it for quite a while, but she didn't ever really look comfortable in the basket!! My bet was on Lily to be the first :-)

I got in an order from an ebay seller today that contained some of the silk I need for Heirloom Homecoming, as well as some WDW, GAST and MH beads I need for various other projects.... and from other sellers I also received Sleeping Beauty and House on Acorn Hill... where to start with all these goodies!!
I ordered a large piece of Sugar Maple Fabrics' color of the month, Forget Me Knots Grove, 28 ct lugana. It is a 27" x 36" cut.... I have plans for it :-) Pretty color!! Oh... and I got this cute Toni Goffe chart, Basket Case, which seems terribly appropriate today :-) I actually bought it before Lily climbed in the basket - LOL!
Daylily: Which Way JimDaylily: Zella VirginiaDaylily: Pocket ChangeDaylily: Savannah Debutante

Red Sox 11, Rangers 6 - a fun game tonight, and home runs by Big Papi and Tony Graffanino (what a game for him tonight - offensively and defensively - wow!!)

Stitched on today: Earth Angel

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lily looks so cute in there :)

Earth Angel is looking lovely - the colours look great on that fabric.

Gill said...

You've been busy! All that monotonous white will be worth it in the end, I promise!

Anonymous said...

Lots of lovely white for us to do on Celtic Winter! :oD

I do like that flower, Which Way Jim. It looks like it's shrugging it's shoulders as if to say 'I dunno!'

Aww, Lily is gorgeous. What a pretty little face, Casey isn't a 'little places' cat. She'd much rather stretch herself out over as much of the bed as she possible can than squeeze herself into a tiny space he he he

Anonymous said...

Earth Angel looks great and Lily looks so cute in the basket :-)

Kathy said...

Wow Earth Angel is looking great, looking forward to seeing more of her soon.

Lily looks soo cute.

Hugs

Dawn T. said...

Awww...Lily looks adorable.

Lelia said...

Lily is a cute pie. Our Nikki is a cat on a mission all the time. The mission is to upset my stitching projects! Keeping the door closed, or projects inside a basket is the only way. He is a pest. Love your stitching projects. They all look so challenging. I've been working on small things -- couldn't imagine something that large.

Bastet said...

Earth Angel is looking very pretty. And Lily is just adorable. I think it's very interesting how cats seem to think that everything was made for them to sleep in....no matter how small.

Katrina said...

Carol, your Lily looks so cute in there, something that my kitty would try and do too as she likes to put herself in all sorts of places :)

Lovely fabric Earth Angel is on too.

Kitty Couture said...

Aww... Your Lily is so cute! She was the one bound to get in there wasn't she?

Anonymous said...

Your "basket case" is sooo lovely!