Friday, August 19, 2005

Yay, it is the weekend!!

I think I got quite a bit done on this one tonight :-) It is really moving along nicely!!
Before I started working on my scheduled project tonight, I first took a few minutes to finish the "W" and add in the little burgundy motifs that I could not get to last night... and I feel better now. My OCD drives me crazy when something is not quite finished!!

I am very excited about this - I pre-ordered the new Mirabilia design, Mermaids of the Deep Blue, today! I love this one - I think several of my recent fabric purchases will work well with this - I love that it has two mermaids instead of one this time!! It is due out next Friday. I also ordered a pair of scissors and a sheath to keep in my "at work" project pack. Then I went over to ebay and was able to scoop up almost all of the Dinky Dyes silks I need for Taj Mahal... Hmmmm... wonder where the bead pack is for that... should have been here by now... (Taj Mahal is by Chatelaine, pictured below...) I also picked up the DMC floss for Woodland Fairy today, since it is only 7/$1.00 at AC Moore right now...

(and, I picked up the 40 ct. Daily Grind by R&R for you, Becky - you are a true friend, and thanks for ordering the silks for us to do this wonderful Jeannette Douglas design together!!

Mike and I went out to dinner at Cactus Jack's tonight, and then off to Best Buy - since Mike had tried two or three of the specialty Mexican drinks, he was feeling good.... he got us a new HD video camera... and got me two DVD sets...3rd Rock from the Sun: Season 1 (which I have already started watching, and am laughing my head off), and Herbie The Love Bug Collection (all four movies!!)

Oh, and a little something pretty in the garden today.... Tall Phlox: Mt. Fuji

Red Sox 4, Angels 3 - until 1:45 AM!! Good thing I can sleep in tomorrow...

Stitched on today: Celtic Band Sampler and Convent's Herbal Garden

11 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

The Celtic Sampler you are working on is beautiful. It is one my husband has been wanting me to stitch. I feel you with the OCD. It drives hubby mad when I can't go to be until I finish a section of stitching:)

Schokti said...

You are making great progress on that sampler, Carol. I look forward to seeing the finished product. I am loving the new Mira as well.... I don't know how long I will last staring at it before buying, but I will resist - I leave it to you to enable me! :D

Katrina said...

Carol, isn't the new Mira gorgeous, I was holding my breath before I spotted it - but its wonderful. A definate for me too, another SAl one day perhaps, lol.

go, go, go on the CB Sampler, you're making great progress. Enjoy your weekend

Anonymous said...

You've done loads of stitching today! The sampler is really coming along now - wont be long until we see another happy dance I think!

The new Mirabilia is gorgeous! I didn't even know there was a new one coming out. I think maybe this will be my Christmas pressie from mum. I was going to get Emerald Mermaid but this one is so much nicer.

Lelia said...

Your herbal garden is spectacular. The colors and design are wonderful.

Kathy said...

Hi Carol

Wow you have done alot of stitching, its looking great. I spotted the mermaids too and I am going to be adding that to my wish list, its stunning and I just love the colours and the material.

May have to treat myself next month lol.

Hugs xxxxxx

BeckySC said...

Oh MY! I am just loving your progresses....I always bring a kleenex with me when I am visiting you...to catch the DROOL :) :)

Thanks my dear friend for ordering the fabby :) I DO so appreciate it :) You are absolutely wonderful!!!

Have a fabulous weekend :)
Love ya!

Gill said...

Well done on your progress. I love Convent's herbal garden, it looks so intricate.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
finally I found a good Internet access... Greetings from Ireland!!
Tomorrow I'm leaving to Dublin and then I'll come back to Italy. It's so beautiful here! Kisses Bea

Bastet said...

Wow! Quite the stitcher weren't we? Everything is looking wonderful. And the new Mirabilia is definately on my list of patterns to get.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your Chatelaine is filling in nicely! Wow I think I actually like this new Miriabilia, its going to go on my "Wish List"