Friday, September 23, 2005

And now... Hurricane Rita's turn...

I didn't opt to work on my usual Friday night project, and I continued on again with Earth Angel instead (and she did not give the Red Sox bad luck tonight) - I am hoping to get more of her done before the Chatelaine class starts on October 1st.... it would be great if I can even finish her up by then. She almost has her wings now - there is just a bit left to do of the bottom feather of her wing.... then finish the floral bough underneath her, do the ribbons and add some gold beads...

Wow, I have no idea how this pretty solo was still available from Silkweaver! I scooped it up - nice larger size...maybe this is the one for the new Mirabilia mermaids? Who knows at this point - LOL!!

While at the Silkweaver site, I looked at the new additions for the Stitchers Showcase. I am befuddled. Someone entered the new Passione Ricamo fairy, but she isn't even released yet! I don't get it. I wonder if it was the model stitcher who entered it? Hmmm..... really must have been, I guess.... Laura usually posts computer generated pics on her charts though, not stitched models... I wonder if this one is for real?? Hmmmm.....

I was surfing earlier today, and came across something in Jo's blog that caught my eye - I agree with Jo, Coffee Menu from Little House Needleworks is a must have new chart! This could not be more appropriate for Mike and I! We both carry rechargeable Dunkin' Donuts cards in our wallets - and use them often! We are hooked on their "liquid crack," as we call it... well, Mike calls it "chocolate covered liquid crack" because he loves the iced lattes... while I drink flavored iced decaf with Splenda (a la Atkins, of course!). So, we have to have this cute sampler in our house too!

Yay... I got Gryffindor!! I found this cute quiz in Zohrah's blog tonight.... cute!! Thanks Z!!
i'm in gryffindor!

be sorted @ nimbo.net


Curses! New Orleans is flooding again!! While Hurricane Rita is coming ashore now, it is sparing most of Texas, but blasting New Orleans and more western sections of Louisiana again tonight. This is the saddest thing to see. The very saddest. ...And just look at these waves all the way west of New Orleans in Galveston, TX - can you believe this boy is riding his bike on the pier between the waves??!! (photo from www.cnn.com)

Red Sox 6, Orioles 3 - they're trying to fight their way back...

Stitched on today: 17th Century Irish Garden and Earth Angel

***Someone had asked what fabric on which I am stitching Legends of the Dragons - sorry, forgot who had asked - I am stitching it on 32 ct Dragon Myst lugana from The Blended Needle... and subbing the DMC gold tones in the border for a single strand of Storm Clouds Waterlilies.
How could I forget this??!! Ryan Newman qualified for the pole position for both the Busch race tomorrow and the Cup race on Sunday at Dover! How cool is that? To me, that is very cool. Ryan has a bit of momentum on his side right now... (photo from www.nascar.com, but I don't think this was taken today - I know I have seen this one before - LOL!)

5 comments:

Bastet said...

First of all, if I tried riding my bike in a hurricane like Rita on the shoreline, my mother and grandmother would have killed me! The rest of the family could have what was left.
and your comment is so right. Legolas is a very boring stitch. He was fine when it was just the bridge of the nose and eyes after that it just went all down hill. At the time I was tempted to stop him there and have it a peek-a-boo type thing. Wish I'd listened to myself, oh well.

Suzanne said...

just where is that kid's momma? If he was mine, I'd beat his tail! LOL

I love seeing all your stitching, Carol, you do lovely work!

Suz in VA

Zohrah said...

I've been reading the net since this morning SG time about Hurricane Rita. I can't do anything but said a prayer for them and the impending storm. :(

karensff said...

Earth Angel looks lovely. Doesn't look like it will be long before a happy dance.

My heart goes out to all those people in Texas and New Orleans. Having to go through the same thing so soon must be horrifiying.

BeckySC said...

Gosh, I know my mom would love Earth Angel! I think yours looks so much nicer than the pic on the chart. AWESOME progress and my toes are tapping a little faster now :)