Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Garden Spots Sampler SAL Night #2

It was the second night of the Garden Spots Sampler SAL with Jo tonight (I can't wait to see her updated progress pic now) - it took me at least three hours to finish the green vine that I had started last week, and to add those funny little birds with the monkey tails and giraffe heads :-) The pale grey motif that I started does not show up well in the photo, and is quite light on the fabric too - yet it calls to have the darkest gold color added to the center of it, so I am looking forward to seeing what that looks like next week. I am loving this project! (The red line at the top of the photo is not on the fabric, it is just bad photography again!)

Well, although I tell myself I will learn how to resist pretty hand dyed fabrics, it just doesn't work... today I came across this pretty solo belfast over at Silkweaver, and somehow it ended up in my cart and paid for! I really love to collect the blue fabrics! I also went to ebay and bought a fat quarter of Amesterdam Blue belfast, the recommended fabric for Mermaids of the Deep Blue... either to compare with my many hand dyeds for it, or to actually end up using for it - LOL! And, I got a bead and kreinik pack for Royal Holiday while I was there too :-)

Good news/bad news/good news again for the Red Sox today - first they won their first game of the doubleheader this afternoon, Red Sox 3, Blue Jays 1. But, then they lost their second game tonight (Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 5...ugh!!).... And, then great news to heal those wounds - the Yankees were pummeled by the Orioles 17-9, the Indians were beaten by the Devil Rays, and the White Sox also lost... all stats remain the same... except there is now a three way tie for the Wild Card (Cleveland is no longer ahead). Bottom line, we remain tied for first with the Yankees.... and at least their pitching looks worse than ours does. Maybe we don't deserve the post season much this year... we did not play well this year... but our team has heart and has gelled together well. That has brought us where we are. On the other hand, I wish the Orioles had not broken down as they did. They deserved better this season than they got, and I hope next year will be better for them. I still believe they are a team to contend with in the AL East.

Now that I bored the non-baseball fans (sorry!), I can also say it was New DVD Release Tuesday - yep, Mike picked up Robots for me - I can't wait to find time to watch that one :-)

Stitched on today: 17th Century Irish Garden at work (such slow going, but starting to show real progress and I will post a pic this weekend), and Garden Spots Sampler

Oh, Suzanne from NE XStitchers asked me recently if it is hard to stitch on the sparkly fabric for Celtic Winter. Nope, not at all. The opalescent lugana made by Silkweaver is wonderful :-)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Aww that looks lvely, looking forward to the next update.

Hugs xxxxxx

Bastet said...

Looking good.

Nicole said...

That is a beautiful solo - and all that progress in just 3 hours!

Kiwi Jo said...

They do look like giraffe heads and monkey tails LOL! Pete was hogging the computer last night so I'll be posting a picture of my progress tonight.

karensff said...

Looks lovely so far.

Lelia said...

Love Garden Spot -- love the colors. you are tempting me to buy this one and get out an ELECTRIC needle to catch up!! LOL