Sunday, September 11, 2005

Remembering 9/11

It's Sunday, and Sunday is PR SAL day. Out came
Miracle Butterfly. It took me forever off and on today to finish the white at the bottom of her gown. My energy and psyche were low today. There are probably a few reasons - like I don't tend well to my sleep on weekends, but also it is the four year anniversary of 9/11... and I watched a special on INHD while I was stitching about how the passengers fought back on Flight 93 (the flight out of Newark, NJ that crashed in Pennsylvania on its way to the US Capitol Building).... sad special, but glad I watched it. Anyhow... then I got into the border and that is going really quickly. I decided not to chicken out and am using the one strand of blending filament for the inner backstitched border, and I am glad I did. It is moving along just fine, and its delicate effect could not be copied by using a strand of black DMC instead. So, while it was not my original plan to work on this again tomorrow, I now think I will because I should be able to finish this tomorrow :-)



Stitched on today: Miracle Butterfly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Carol! Soooo close! She is gorgeous. Well done you.

Unknown said...

She is very close, I look forward to seeing her finished tomorrow morning :)

Kali said...

She's coming along great Carol. I missed that 9/11 show, I wanted to watch it but I had a friend visiting so I was out on the 25 cent tour of the city. I do have the DVD that was made by 2 men who were doing a documentary on one of the firehouses and I did watch that later. Its frightening to see just how awful humans can be, and beautiful to see how they react to help out in a crisis

Kathy said...

Wow Carol she is stunning I am looking forward to this being a HD.

I did a 2 min silence for 9/11 yesterday, I got engaged in New York and to see that happen brought tears to my eyes. We are returning in November for a long weekend. I am looking forward to it, but it will sure be strange not seeing the towers this time round.

Hugs xxxxxx

BeckySC said...

Oh, you are close!! She is LOVELY :)
Thanks for sharing...getting my dancing shoes "spiffed" up :)

hugs :)

Bastet said...

Definaly not much longer! As for the 9-11 aniversary, I wanted to go to the memorial service in Sanford, but it being a Sunday and all, couldn't take the time from work, but did put a small prayer in a few times while working.