Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Thank You Everyone!!

She's baaaaack! I missed working on Miracle Butterfly this week, since I ditched my rotation to finish the sampler. But, I really want to finish her soon as I want to use her slot for Medieval Town Mandala. I want to be ready when Martina drops the first password down on us on October 1st. So, all that is left now is to finish the little bit of white near the bottom of her skirt, and then just the black border. I think I will make it!!!

I really, really want to thank everyone for their comments on my completion of Celtic Band Sampler yesterday. You all encouraged me throughout working on this huge sampler, and I want to thank you for all of your support. I have not come to final decision yet on how to frame it, except that I don't want to use any mats for it. Someone asked where I plan to hang it - I am thinking down in our new living room when it finally gets finished (that's a long story.... that whole project got quite a bit delayed...). But, once it is framed, I am sure Mike and I will do our usual walk around the house and try to find the best spot for it :-)

Someone also asked where the hyperactive dancing Elmo that was at the top of my blog disappeared to.... he is resting.... I wanted to put up the black ribbon for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.... I will put Elmo somewhere in my blog again... I still have him :-)


Here is my new Silkweaver adoption (I was surprised they posted solos today, given that they were closed for a week in the wake of Hurricane Katrina! They amaze me, they really do!). I am trying to find an antique-y looking fabric on which to stitch Olde World Map - I prefer not to use the fabric in the kit.... this solo may not be what I want for this, but I am going to give it a try, at least. I saw the perfect linen on ebay, but there is this pair of bidders (in Europe, which is beside the point) that are stomping on every hand-dyed linen or evenweave on ebay - paying way more than the fabric is worth, crushing all other bids. I don't get it. Why pay so much, when you can go right to the dyers' websites (in most cases) and order it cheaper? So, I doubt I can get the linen I really want.... I see one of these bidders is already bidding on it...sigh. Can you tell these two have already done a number on me? I will wait until they burn themselves out before I bid on more hand-dyed fabric on ebay - except for Sugar Maple Fabric... I can still get good fabric there :-)

Red Sox 3, Angels 2 - thanks Big Papi for your walk off homerun, and thanks Wake for pitching a full game for us tonight! Way to go! And, the Yankees loss to the D-Rays did not hurt either.... for now... nothing is rock solid yet!

Stitched on today: Miracle Butterfly

**I saw gasoline drop to $3.05 a gallon in Derry, NH today... that is a little better :-)

Thank you, Bob Denver, for the many hours of entertainment as Gilligan - I grew up laughing with you... rest in peace...

12 comments:

karensff said...

She is gorgeous. I can't wait to see her finished.

Anonymous said...

You are so close to finishing her. Well done. Ann.

bunnyhead said...

Another beautiful project close to being finished. I can't wait to see the sampler framed. Please take a pic with some sort of size reference in it when it's done so we can see how huge it is! :) I love that town mandala.

Isabelle said...

Miracle Butterfly is looking gorgeous Carol.

When Mike gets the time to take a picture of the Sampler, could he also take a picture of you? That'd be lovely. We're still waiting to see your new haircut! ;o)

Jenn said...

You'll have Miracle Butterfly done in now time! I'm so jelous of all your finishes as I seem so out of sorts lately that I can't get my head around anything to work on. I can just tell you'll be working on Miracle Butterfly till she's done, which I know will be soon.

Keep up the good work!

Sylvie said...

She's gorgeous.

I love your new fabric, Silkweaver have a great choice, it's always hard to choose as I'd like to have them all! LOL

Cathy said...

Did you ever think we'd be relieved to see gas prices at $3.01? It does seem like things are getting a little better, though.

Lelia said...

Stunning. We will be doing TWO happy dances with you ; )

Kathy said...

Oooo Carol she is looking fab, looking forward to seeing her finished.

I wish I was as quick as you lol. Guess I am going to have to pull my socks up and get cracking along wioth the knitting as well lol.

Hugs xxxxx

Bastet said...

Oh so close! you'll definately have this done before October. can't wait!

Stitchie Kiwi said...

Celtic Banner looks awesome Carol! Congratulations on another great finish :) Your Butterfly is coming along as well ... I have no doubt it will be finished by October!

Kath said...

Carol, what a stunner! You must be so delighted to be stitching on her again.

I must say, I just love reding your blog... gives me a new perspective on each day.