Sunday, October 30, 2005

I fixed it :-)

I fixed it! My satin stich row now lines up properly. Whew. As I began to remove the previous stitching, I paid close attention, and I found about mid-way through that on one of my satin stitches I came up in the proper spot but then brought my needle down one thread over to the right. Ah sneaky! Fixed it!! Thanks for all the encouragement after last week. Some suggested I keep it as it is, but for several reasons I just could not. The first is my OCD. I know it was wrong and it would bother me forever. The other reason is that this is stitched on pricey linen using pricey NPI silks. Therefore, I felt it was justified to do my level best with it. So, this is what I worked on while watching NASCAR (argh - Newman came in 23rd and way down to fifth in points now - he was just an "also ran" today!).... now to do something different after the Trick-or-Treaters and for while I watch the Patriots game... what will it be?? I did hear from Karen and Tannia this week - Karen, who had already started this sampler a while back, is about 2/3 down, and Tannia is round about where I am...
And tonight I put more time in on Legends of the Dragons - I have so much catching up to do in this SAL. Truth be told, this project would be a UFO if I were not participating in a SAL :-) I'm not loving all this tedious stitching on Wisdom, that is for sure. Just when I think I am done with a color (which are all primarily blended needles), I see one or two tiny symbols way over on the other side of the dragon that requires me to start up a new needle and do the tiny little bit. Sometimes it is just one tiny quarter stitch that pops up in need of filling. Yucky. But the project is pretty :-) I have to give it that much! And, stitching this along with Nikki has actually been a lot of fun - we are already having preliminary discussions about what next year's SAL will be.

Stitched on today: An Open Heart and Legends of the Dragons

*****Patriots 21, Bills 16 - a nail biter, but a HUGE victory tonight! Welcome back Tedy Bruschi! Looking good!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! You fixed it,and it looks great. :) I managed to fix my counting mistake last week too, but it took about 15hours stitching time. Ouch! Hope yours was a little less painful. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you that you found the mistake in "open heart". Happy stitching. Ann.

Unknown said...

I would have had to fix that too. It's not like it's in the middle of a huge piece... if the rows didn't line up right you would notice. I'm the queen of ignoring mistakes, but it the mistake is on the edge of the design, I have to fix it. It looks great!

Unknown said...

The confetti stitching is horrible. I ended up saving a threaded needle that I knew was used later, I have a piece of fabric where I mark the symbols and put the needles in that so I don't have to re-blend and re-thread.

Such determinism on Open Heart - I would have taken the mistake out as well but I probably would have put it away for a while as I hate that part :)

Dawn T. said...

Legends is looking great! I am glad you haven't let it become a UFO. :)

Happy Halloween!

Shelleen said...

Everything looks great and I am glad that you could fix it. Boo on the Patriots, I am a Bills fan but why I am admitting that is beyond me LOL.

BeckySC said...

YAY, you found it and fixed it-I knew you would :)
Legends is looking wonderful. Keep plugging at it and it will be under your belt before you know it :)

hugs to you :)

Erin said...

Everything looks great, I feel your pain on the confetti, and I totally understand why you would re-stitch a bit that wasn't "right"! I'm the same way...

Oh, and I was cheering for the Bills too. Hehehehe

mainely stitching said...

Gorgeous!