Wednesday, March 15, 2006

2006: The Year of Stitching Buildings

Back to Medieval Town Mandala! OK, I got a bit more done on the large central building - I am holding my breath in hopes that no other MTM stitcher sees any errors today :-) I am going to keep plugging away on this one for a few more days - trying to bang it out so I can get back to some neglected projects like Mermaids of the Deep Blue, Mermaid Heaven, Angel of Love, Girl with Cat.... so many that I miss terribly. I decided to use the scanner tonight - it picks up the pearl and caramel Waterlilies in the building better than I can get the camera to do - LOL!

So, it seems that this year I am stitching a whole of buildings! Medieval Town Mandala, the Neighborhood RR and Houses of Hawk Run Hollow! Oh boy! You know, I studied art history quite a bit in college (although I was a psychology major, I still took a lot of art history courses) and I really grew to love and appreciate architectural styles... but I don't care a whole lot for stitching buildings... I love all the support I get here in blogger world, though - thanks for that!!
I have been working on Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler, which is in The Gift of Stitching Magazine, periodically at work for a little while now. Tonight I brought it home with me, as I figured it was time to show another peek. I love this sampler very, very much! It is soooo fun to stitch! I typically can work on a motif here and there during breaks at work. I am stitching it on Silkweaver's Sandcastle Belfast using Vikki Clayton's silks. I hope to finish up Part 2 soon, as I want to get around to starting Sampler Cove's Mystery Bordeaux Sampler at work before the month ends - just got the email with Part 2 today, and was thrilled with it! Now I see on the link that they are also showing it with both Parts 1 and 2 stitched. Ooooo, I just can't wait! I have Vikki's silks for this too, and will be using the fat quarter of 36 ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh (does anyone know the right spelling? I see it spelled differently everywhere!!) that Bea sent to me for Christmas :-)

Oh my goodness, the first part of American Quaker Sampler was released today, and it looks lovely! My silks have already been shipped from Vikki Clayton, and tonight I pulled four different 40 ct fabrics that I can choose from. When the silks arrive, I will post some floss tosses - I think I will need your help with choosing my fabric this time around - there are so many different choices. The silks are going to be fairy bright colors, and there are quite a few colors in this one too.

I have several hand dyed fabrics up for auction on ebay - you can see them here, in case any of you are interested. I have another group that I will post next week as well... Just cleaning out, because Silkweaver has just released a whole set of gorgeous new colors and I want several of them :-) I ordered Enchantment Belfast and Starquest Cashel already (am considering the Starquest for Stargazer....)

Stitched on today: Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler and Medieval Town Mandala

12 comments:

Von said...

This would be a great design to stitch in bits and pieces. It's beautiful!!

Jenn said...

I love the colors in this piece Carol! It's so nice and bright.

zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on both pieces. They are looking great!!

~Harsha~ said...

ohhh you made me go and look at the new colours!!! oh Carol.. thats bad news for me LOL..

KarenV said...

Great work on your WIPs Carol! That PC sampler is growing really fast.

BTW, the way you spelt Edinburgh is correct - that's how it's spelt over here :)

Heather said...

Edinburgh is spelt correctly Carol. MTM looks great and the Papillon Mystery is stunning. I've ordered my fabric from Silkweaver, so will start it when it arrives - the silks are sitting waiting :)

Barbara said...

For someone who isn't really into stitching buildings, you've got some funny projects going! Love the progress pics.

Judith said...

Both your pieces look great Carol and as fasr as I can see no mistakes.

BeckySC said...

MTM is looking great, Carol and I LOVE your mystery sampler so far! Oh, how I want to start!! NO, Becky, NO !! :) How long before I cave do you think???? ;-)

Chris said...

Your mystery sampler looks great. I love the fabric you chose for it. I hope to work on mine this weekend.

Bastet said...

Both pieces are coming out wonderfully! MTM has nice bright colours, that should count for alot of things, even not liking to stitch buildings.

Kathy said...

Wow MTM looks fab hun. The Mystery Sampler looks lovely. I would love to stitch it. I have now signed up for this online Magazine and only started with issue 2, will have to order issue one so that I can do this sampler too.

hugs xxxxxx