Thursday, June 15, 2006

I am all over the place today

Somehow, I worked on four different projects today, which was unusual... I started off early today by finishing off my little surprise project... then moved on during the day to get some really decent progress made on Quaker Garden.... Do any of you feel I don't work when I am at the office?? LOL! OK, my job is a little cushy... Tonight, I was not feeling in the mood for MTM, so I picked up Women of the Mayflower for a bit. I managed to stitch the square with the 1620 in it (still needs to be filled in with light gold).... but my conscience got the best of me...

... I know I really want to get Part 9 of MTM done as quickly as reasonably possible this month, and it is the 15th already... so I put Women of the Mayflower away and worked on MTM again tonight...

Q. How many cross stitch books do you own and how often do you use them?

A. I don't think I really understand this question, so by looking at it I am ruling out that it means how many cross stitch charts do I have... the second half of the question makes no sense if it means charts.... so, it must be technique books. I don't own any.

Today is my twins' 4th birthday - my twins, that is, are Lily and Anouk... granted, these are pretty lousy photos... but I wanted to show you just how thrilled my little girls are to be celebrating their birthday today - LOL! Lily is the one in the photo on the left and Anouk (with sleep in her eyes) is the pic below - Blogger refused to upload this one, had to go with Photobucket! Happy Birthday Girlies!


Thank you to all of you for your concern about my office. I am not on a lease there. Somehow, I ended up being a month to month cash renter... so, I don't know really what my rights are, what his rights are, does it work in my favor or his?? What I can assure you is that I won't be paying my rent until there is some resolution. He is offering to move me back across the hall to my old smaller office once the alarm company currently occupying that space leaves at the end of the month. Oh, whooppee! The small office again! He will be refacing the front of the building in July - assuming now in his magical way that that is the problem causing the leak... I dunno. So, while I wait for news of a new office elsewhere, I plan to move my sofa and loveseat, coffee table, etc over to the small office and leave my computer, phone and such in the leaky office. The leak is nowhere near that equipment, but moving the phone yet again is soooo expensive with the phone company... so that is the plan right now... oh, the stink in that room, it is coming back to me as I type this. I worked in Lawrence today - nice, dry, not smelly office :-)

Stitched on today: finished up little surprise project, Quaker Garden, Women of the Mayflower and Medieval Town Mandala

6 comments:

lobea2004 said...

Carol, I love more and more the Women of the Mayflower. I'm into samplers during these months even if I've not started stitching one yet.

Sharon said...

Your MTM is looking great, I admire your perserverence in working on it, I don't think I could do it.

Kitty Couture said...

I love your Women of the Mayflower project Carol. Hope you'll have a nice weekend and that something good will come through for the office.

Chiara said...

Hi Carol...your MTM is impressive!!! I love very much your finishing!!HAve a nice week end!!

Susimac said...

Have a good weekend Carol and forget about the office if you can. MTM is amazing.

On another note has the RR arrived yet??

mainely stitching said...

Wow, Carol, what a tremendously productive day you had! WotM looks terrific so far! And happy, happy birthday to your twins! :)