Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's Chatelaine time again!

All the Chatelaine passwords are out again... and once again, I am going to start with Mystery IX since it's a small part again. I will probably finish this up tomorrow night and can then figure out when to work on MTM again..

Also out today is the latest issue of The Gift of Stitching Magazine... is anyone else disappointed with the central part of the Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler? The birth sampler option is definitely out for me - no babies here. The peacock is kind of big with a blah looking alphabet sort of straddling around it... sigh. I guess I could do it as an anniversary sampler, and probably will... it is our 13th this year, not exactly a year for making a sampler LOL! Oh well...

Time to review last month's goals, and set new ones for this month:
May Goals:
1. Finish Part 8 of Medieval Town Mandala - yes
2. Finish Part 5 of Mystery IX - yes - actually finished that on 4/29/06
3. Finish Part 4 of Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler - yes
4. Continue Mermaids of the Deep Blue SAL - yes
5. Finish Emerald Jeweled Garden in LTD SAL - yes, finished it
6. Finish Su's Neighborhood RR and post it off to Annemarie - yes, and it is safe in Holland now
7. Continue Houses of Hawk Run Hollow SAL - yes
8. Continue Quaker Garden at work - yes
9. Put some time in on Mermaid Heaven - yes
10. Enjoy Celebration of Needlework!! - yes, I loved seeing my friends there and taking classes with Betsy Stinner and Jeannette Douglas
11. Continue Garden Spot Sampler SAL - yes
**I also dug out and finished an old UFO, Winter Into Spring. I started Women of the Mayflower SAL too

June Goals:
1. Finish Part 9 of Medieval Town Mandala
2. Finish Part 6 of Mystery IX
3. Finish Part 5 of Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler
4. Continue Mermaids of the Deep Blue SAL
5. Start Kingdom Sampler SAL with Nicole
6. Begin to plan out what to stitch on Veronica's Neighborhood RR (if lucky, start it)
7. Continue Houses of Hawk Run Hollow SAL
8. Continue Women of the Mayflower SAL
9. Continue Garden Spot Sampler SAL
10. Continue Quaker Garden at work
11. If Anne is caught up, work on Bordeaux Mystery Sampler at work
12. Start Violet and Lace Sampler SAL with Katrina


Q. Do you collect charts by one particular designer, yet have never stitched anything by that designer? If so, which designer and why do you collect the charts but have not yet stitched any of them?

A. While sorting out some charts recently, I found myself realizing that I have a ton of charts by The Workbasket, Moira Blackburn and Little House Needleworks - these are wonderful designers, yet I have not yet stitched any by any of these designers. I figure it is simply a lack of time, so I must stitch faster!!


***I apologize to those of you who are waiting for emails from me. I got a whole bunch today, but I cannot reply to them tonight. Mike had a virus on his laptop that resulted in tons of junk/spam email being generated.... so, our ISP cut off our outgoing email capabilities today. Mike got that resolved, but it could be 24 hours before our email is fully back online. I will make sure to get back to everyone this weekend when the email is fixed...

We have a lot of rain coming now - some right now, and then a bit tomorrow, and then a lot on Saturday. Hopefully my office already won't be wet when I arrive tomorrow. But you can be sure I will be moving my furniture before I leave tomorrow afternoon, just in case that heavy rain finds it's way back in yet again!

Stitched on today: Quaker Garden and Mystery IX

5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Oh, Carol, you are just an inspiration. I'm going to turn this confounded machine off and go stitch!!

Von said...

I must agree with the others, your stitching is amazing, Carol. Looking forward to another great month of progress!

Nia said...

*sigh* you're a whizz Carol! You never cease to amaze me :) I just don't know where you find the hours in the day!

I had 4 hours study leave today...and it all went in one ear/eye and out the other and so now I need to re-read everything again!

Perhaps a little stitching time to relax first ;)

Kiwi Jo said...

Carol, I think I'll stitch a variation of the anniversary sampler - put my initials in the center of the flower thing and just put 2006 instead of 2 dates, and leave off the initials under the people. Do you think that would work? No babies here, I loathe peacocks, and we've only been married 2 years which I think would look a bit silly :)

Unknown said...

I agree with you Carol that it was a bit of a let down for the middle section. If I had seen it all in advance, I may not have stitched it at all. Having said that, I'm no longer married and I don't think it's appropriate for a baby sampler, so I'm going to do the peacock one.