Saturday, July 29, 2006

Wonderful Trip to ABC Stitch Therapy

Here we are, at ABC Stitch Therapy in Grantham, NH! From left to right: me, Barb, Patti (it so happens she was actually born the same year as I, so we share not only the same birthday, but the same birth date as well! It seems I may be about two hours older, but Patti will check her birth certificate about that!) and Sara, Barb's lovely friend who has been helping Barb to really enjoy her stay in Maine this week! We all had a wonderful time just running rampant all over the shop! For a while, Barb and I just pretty much camped out on the floor going through all the stunning hand-dyed fabrics! It is no surprise to anyone that I bought three of them! The stash shopping was wonderful, lunch across the street (My DH, Mike, was there too) at the Country Club was delicious, and being with friends was the best part! We all did a good job of spending today too! (I will share my stash tomorrow).

I don't have a lot, but I do have some, stitching to share today! I am just about to go get dressed now to go out with Mike on some surprise birthday adventure for the evening, so my stitching is likely over for the night. But I did stitch a little bit on Blessings Be Thine in the car this morning... and I have not yet shared this piece anyhow, so here it is... I am stitching it with the called for fibers on Sugar Maple Fabric's Acorns & Chestnuts belfast linen... a fun stitch!

Now, I would very much like to claim this Romantic Stitcher as my own, but it is not - this is a model at ABC Stitch Therapy - I took the photo for Sue to see, as I know she is looking for fabric for this piece, and the one she chose looks much like this - good choice Sue!!! Sorry about the weird pic, it was hung quite high up and there was a sofa in the way, so this is how it came out - LOL!

OK, Blogger doesn't want to upload a daylily pic for today... sorry!!

I just got in another load of birthday gifties from you, my friends! Thank you!! I will open and share tomorrow! I forgot to open Barb's while with her today! I am so sorry Barb, we got so caught up!!! Patti gave me a GC to ABC Stitch Therapy - how sweet was that?? (I gave her one back - that was funny watching Marie cash us out with our matching GC's)!!

Stitched on today: Blessings Be Thine

13 comments:

Running Kiwi said...

Happy Birthday!! (it is my big boy's birthday today too - although it's the 30th here ;))

Sounds like a very fun day - there is nothing like getting together with like-minded stitchers :)

Enjoy your night out. Love all your latest stitching updates!

Katrina said...

Carol, sounds like a perfect time with your friends, and its great to put some names to faces :)

enjoy the night out with Mike. Sent you an email from my yahoo addy just before too, looks like the other one is not getting thru, nevermind.

Great birthday gifties from Becky and Karen too, enjoy.

whoops, almost forgot, love the new blog look too.

Susimac said...

What a great pic seeing you all on there, you really sound like you have had a great day together.

Missy said...

Happy Birthday!

It looks & sounds like you had a great time!

Love the new look...familiar is comforting :) I chose it because the tree looked lonely, like it needed a hug! Your reason suits you as well!

I do enjoy reading your posts, I hope you have a great weekend!

:)

Samantha said...

Have a great birthday! Your shopping trip sounded wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your new haul ;o)

Kitty Couture said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!! Can't wait to hear about Mike's mystery birthday night :)
That picture is great - it's simply wonderful to see you together! And wow, I hadn't realized you were that tall :)

Kiwi Jo said...

sounds like you all had a wonderful time and it's great to see a photo of everyone. How cool that you and Patti were born on exactly the same day!

AuntSuze said...

Happy Birthday Carol!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your friends and a lovely evening with your husband.
Look forward to seeing you BD design more, I will be starting mine soon.

Dianne said...

Awesome visit with the girls! I'm glad you all had a fun day of shopping and eating.

Unknown said...

I love the new look blog, I wish I could get mine to work when I try to give it the new look.

Looks like you all had a fantastic time on your day out.

lena-lou said...

It looks like you ladies had a lovely get together...glad you all had a nice time, your photo of you all is nice to see :-)

Jenn said...

Ohhh Carol you didn't say what fabric Romantic Stitcher was done on but, you've given me the idea of doing it on Rock-a-Bye.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Carol! Ann.