Saturday, August 12, 2006

Le Potager du Roi

Tonight I got a start on Part 8 of Mystery IX, Le Potager du Roi (or The King's Vegetable Garden). This month we have to stitch the same artichoke garden on all four sides of the existing big garden. I did a good part of the first little garden. It was too much to do in one night. I have to long stitch the artichokes and leaves, then fill in the block.... then on to the next, then the next, then the next... I have been enjoying M9 so far, though!

Q. For those of you who use hand or over-dyed floss, how do you store it?

A. Simple, quick answer this week - floss-away bags!
Daylily: Tropical Love



Stitched on today: Mystery IX

12 comments:

Sam said...

How gorgeous is that! Beautiful stitching Carol :o)

Judith said...

Is will be beautifull for sure. Your MTM looks very good, I still have to do the other 3 corners, but that will happen probaly next week.
I survived my in-laws and did you survive your MIL?

The Queen's Stitch said...

Your Mystery Sampler is beautiful. I love the colors! I've always wanted to do one of these, but the mystery part scares me. Gorgeous lily, as always! I would love to see your garden in person!

Sandy

bunnyhead said...

Your MS is so pretty, as is your day lily. Do you have a day lily garden, or are they spread out?

Jenn said...

Your Mystery IX is looking good. Your lilly is beautiful. Seeing all your flowers on your blog makes me keep a look out for ones around me. I keep wanting to see if I can find any that look like what you have.

Karoline said...

Mystery 9 is looking lovely Carol, I'm really enjoying the Day lilies

Shelleen said...

Carol, the mystery piece is coming along. Those colors work so well together.

Cathy said...

Your daylilies are really beautiful Carol; I enjoy seeing your pictures. Your stitching is quite nice too of course!

BeckySC said...

You have been busy as always :) EVERYTHING looks great, Carol :)

tkdchick said...

This Mystery is slowly coming along!

Karin said...

That mystery is *gorgeous*. Everytime I turn around, she has another stunning design in the works!

Lelia said...

Stunning mystery sampler (so far) - and your daylily is gorgeous. Fabulous colors in that daylily.

you put everything in bags? Gesh Carol - you must have tons of them LOL : )

I put mine in a flannel lined picnic basket. Eventually, i bought a few metal rings for the Weeks & Sampler threads (ones with cards). Still I toss them into the basket.