Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just 1/4 Finished

It took me all evening, up to 11:30 PM, but I finished the pool in the corner. So, now I am 1/4 finished with Part 10. The colors on this garden are fantastic. But, since I take my photos at night before I go to bed, you keep seeing photos taken in artificial light with my lacking photography skills - tonight's is quite overexposed again. When this is finished, Mike will take a good photo to share. So... anyhow... I was trying to do some calculations tonight to try to determine a schedule for getting Part 10 finished this month. There are 9 more motifs to finish for Part 10 (ponds and hedges) - initially I figured that would be about 9 more nights to stitch. But, the big pool took two nights to stitch. So that is more like 12 nights still to stitch. OK, something else has to give in order to meet this goal. Angel of Love and Mermaid Heaven will be the first sacrificed this month - they will have to wait. I think Houses of Hawk Run Hollow will (sadly) also see less time. But I really do want to keep up with this mystery each month. What the heck Martina, why is Part 10 so huge? It is bigger than any part was on Medieval Town Mandala... sigh.
Daylily: Grape Ice

***I've got no BlogRoll today - I visited their site and it says FATAL ERROR, with a note saying they are working on the problem. So, I am sorry I did not get to visit your blog today...that is where I store your links!

Stitched on today: Gift while at work, and Mystery IX

10 comments:

Annemarie said...

And such a lovely pond too! The colours must bre spectacular IRL, as they're already gorgeous in artificial light. Good luck with adjusting your rotation schedule for this month!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this piece is so pretty. I lost blogrolling yesterday too, so I too couldn't see what everyone else is working on.

mainely stitching said...

It is a beautiful pool - worth the extra hours for sure!

My blogrolling list has also come and gone without rhyme or reason.

Christine said...

Such a great progress !!! I'm impressed !

Judith said...

It looks lovely, but it is sad that it takes so much of your stitching time. I hear a lot of people complain about how big this part is.
As to all the problems with blogroll I am now with bloglines and it works also very good.

Shelleen said...

The pond looks great. I don't watch baseball but I also watched the story unfold and was saddened to hear about the Yankees loss.

ollie1976 said...

I have to say-your Mystery IX is absolutely beautiful-be so proud of your hardwork!
-Jen

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous Carol, good luck with your rotation changes

Kim said...

Its looking so amazing - you are so fast!

Barb said...

It is such a pretty piece so far! Can't wait to see more progress!