Monday, October 16, 2006

Kingdom Sampler Framed/Hand-Dyed Linen For Sale!

I got this back from the framer about a week ago (at least), but I keep forgetting to put up a photo. Here it is - I love it! The photo is odd - Mike hung it quite high in an existing hole "for now" since I cannot figure out yet where I want to hang it :-) Just tilt your head a bit... there you go!

Mike has two fat quarters of R&R linen for sale - Yes, I said Mike does :-) He is asking for $16 each, which is well below their retail price (typically $22-$23 each).... he has:

32 ct Mockingbird, 18" x 27" - sold
30 ct Fern, 18" x 27" - sold

If you are interested in either or both of these pretty fabrics, please let me know. He uses a different PayPal address than I do - and he accepts checks/money orders from US stitchers. I believe he asks $2.00 for shipping. Thanks :-)
Well, I have been keeping at working on An Emblem of Love on Monday nights. Tonight I finished the half medallion to the bottom left of the sampler.. and some smaller motifs... lots of GAST Tarnished Gold in this area. The gold flower to the extreme bottom left represents the bottom corner of the sampler. That's good progess now! I really, really look forward to working on this sampler on Mondays. I just hope Mike won't think this sampler is too feminine to give to him (and who am I kidding, it really is very feminine!). He's a good guy, he will still love it.
And, here are those lovely gifts from Jenna that I wrote about yesterday. Isn't the biscornu cute? And, look at the pretty tools she made!!! There are actually two of the small pins - the other is not lost, it is in my needlecase - I used it when I was putting together a gift a couple of nights ago. Here those of you who asked can see what a dololly is. It is the bigger tool in the bottom right of the photo with the chain on it. You take the bent wire and slide it under stitches in the back of your fabric. You can then use the hook (or, if you prefer, as I do, you can use your needle) to pull small, hard to grab threads into the loop and then pull. Voila! Your tiny threads are anchored. I think they call it a dololly because it can "do a lotta things." I used mine a few days ago to insert into a decorative bead with a small hole, put ribbon through the loop of the dololly and pulled the ribbon through the bead while doing finishing work on said same gift. The ideas for using this tool are endless. Jenna did an amazing job with this! Thanks again Jenna!
I received a package of gifts from Katrina today. I had sent her the last issue of JCS a few weeks ago because she really wanted it - and she wanted to reward me with little pressies - a cute needlebook with needles and a little bottle of pretty hand and nail cream - aw, thanks Katrina - you didn't need to do that!
Daylily: Shark's Tooth

Stitched on today: An Emblem of Love

16 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Carol, kingdom sampler looks great! Have you seen the new Mirabilia South Seas mermaid?

lobea2004 said...

Carol, I love your Emblem of love more and more every day. I'm sure Mike will love it.
Congrats on your Kingdom framed, it looks wonderful!

mainely stitching said...

Whew, that's a gorgeous piece you've got there, Carol! Love it!!

If no one else has spoken for the R&R fabbies (one of my faves) I would snap them both up. Let me know, okay?

Anonymous said...

EoL is great. I love the colors and the fact it is so feminine :). have fun with your new goodies.

Unknown said...

Kingdom Sampler looks fantastic Carol.

Emblem of Love is looking great too.

Kitty Couture said...

Awww, what lovely gifts from Jenna and Katrina! That Dolloly sounds really handy - I bet it could be really handy for sewing as well!

Annemarie said...

Your Kingdom Sampler looks fabulous! And the gifts you received are spectacular! Now I finally know what a dololly is, and I believe we actually have such beasts in The Netherlands, too. Don't know what they're called. Probably something like 'threadthroughtinyholepullthingie'. That's the sort of language Dutch is. Can't help it...

BeckySC said...

Kingdom Sampler looks great. Nice choice of frame!
EOL is so lovely and gets lovlier with each post!
Nice gifties from Jenna :)

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

That frame is perfect for the Kingdom Sampler - you did a great stitching job too (as always)...

Andrea said...

Mmmm lots to share today. :)
Your framed piece looks great and EoL is coming along wonderfully.
Enjoy your gifts.
Take care. x

lena-lou said...

Your picture looks great all framed up Carol and as for EOL, I'm really liking this design as I love the feminine colours as I keep saying...lol. Nice gifts and talking of gifts the fob you have stitched Su for her b'day is brilliant...well done you :-))

Karoline said...

Kingdom Sampler looks gorgeous and EoL looks more and more lovely each time I see it.

Anonymous said...

You're quite welcome, Carol! Please let me know how the dololly works out for you, so I know whether or not to try a thinner wire. :) Thanks for sharing the photo of Kingdom Sampler. It looks fabulous and so does your latest progress on Emblem of Love.

Missy said...

Kingdom Sampler looks great! I missed your post about the finish previously. Really like the frame choice.

Emblem of love is really progressing and looks great as well!

:)

Anne S said...

What an awesome gift from Jenna - those tools are exquisite! :D And KS looks great framed up too :)

Anne S said...

Oops, hit "send" too quickly ... also wanted to say what a lovely gift from Katrina too :) And EoL is motoring along now :D