Sunday, October 08, 2006

Still working on the pool

Nope, I didn't finish the corner pool. I spent several hours today stitching a gift - which I finished, yay! - but, of course, I cannot show it until it is received. But after that, I did find some time to work on Mystery IX... so, here is some of what the corner pool looks like. I will definitely have to revise my goals and my schedule this month if I am going to finish Part 10 before the end of the month. Those who know me well, which is most of you, know that my OCD is not going to let me not finish this unless some kind of dire circumstances arose. So, time to rethink my goals/schedule. I will keep up with my SALs, though.

I am really struggling right now with the onset of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) - this is by no means a major depression, but with the season changing now and the quality of the light we get each day is diminished, my brain chemistry is acting up and leaving me feeling dull and lifeless (sounds like a hair product commercial). So, I hope this will resolve pretty soon! I am pretty tired of feeling so yucky.

I am getting pretty concerned about a package Mike posted for me to Karen two weeks ago last Friday. It should have arrived in the UK several days ago, but there is no sign of it. Mike doesn't recall what service he used, but I always write "Air Mail" on packages, and he says he goes by that. (Mike sends a lot of packages daily for his business, so remembering this one package is close to impossible for him, although he knows he sent it because he has seen the gift - a baby gift for Riley that I stitched up). I really, really hope it arrives soon! I have never lost a package going overseas before, so this is a bit alarming. If it is lost, I will restitch it for her.
Daylily: Night Beacon (I think it was Barbara who asked this a few days ago - yes, Mike did take all of the garden photos himself - he is pretty good with a camera, so very unlike his wife - LOL)

Stitched on today: A gift I cannot share yet, and Mystery IX

14 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Know what you mean about SAD Carol - this is why I am always so sad when Autumn comes, despite the glorious colours (which we do enjoy stitching!). This is a problem for me too (especially since we came back from North Carolina, where the winter was so short!). We've been having some gorgeou weather here though, all through September and even now, with lots of sun. Wish you could be here!!

As for my feed not showing up for you, I have no idea why - I use bloglines and my feeds always show up soon after I've written a post.

Don't worry about that package - either Karen has been too busy to email you about it, or it'll be there very soon. Packages do take a bit longer sometimes and I'm sure yours will turn up! :)

Anonymous said...

Mystery IX looks great. I hope you feel better soon. This time of year always affects be somewhat too.

Anonymous said...

I am loving the colors in the new part of M9. It is coming along nicely. Good luck finishing it this month.

Hope you are feeling better soon. This time of year is difficult for so many of us, isn't it:(

Anonymous said...

Carol, there are some very good daylight alarm clocks on the market so you can wake up with a smooth light that goes brighter as the time comes closer to your waking up time. And you probably have a very good light for stitching. That will surely help in this period of time ;-) Ann.

Susimac said...

Love that Day lily, my favourite so far.
I hope that you perk up again soon, Mark suffers from it too, and he gets very up and down until his chemistry gets used to the season change.

Hope your package turns up soon, as you know when I post to you it can take up to about 20 days to get to you from the UK, so I wouldn't worry yet.

Barb said...

The piece is looking great. I love the colors. Hope you feel better soon. I know exactly how you are feeling, I'm counting the hours to Thursday when they promise cold weather and maybe snow! That will make the sinuses clear up and allergies go away!

Anonymous said...

Your Mystery IX shows beautiful work as always. About the SAD, I never really gave it much thought when I was working (too busy I guess) but now that Im home, and watch the seasons change, I have noticed there is a difference in my behavior, this pasts week events didn't help either. Did you get the 9-11 sampler?

Annemarie said...

I'm sure your package will arrive safely, Carol. They can't all cross the pond so quickly :o)
Sorry to hear about your SAD affliction, Carol. Interestingly, I have something similar when winter makes way for spring. Can't stand summer...

Michelle said...

Carol, all of your WIPs are gorgeous! I love Women of the Mayflower. You are getting some amazing stitching done. I understand how you're feeling, with the season change...I am definitely feeling the effects too. One of my kitties has SAD as well, I think...he loves the sunshine.

Melissa said...

Carol-love your Women of the Mayflower. I have this in my to do pile.

Nicki said...

There is a lot of stitching in this part isn't there? Gosh.

I hope the SAD isn't too bad this year - I know what that's like. You probably know all about the best things to do but have you tried ST John's Wort? I find it very good :)

And I'm waiting for a package to arive after 2 weeks in the post too - it must be a general postage slowdown!

Von said...

SAD affects me too, Carol, altho I haven't felt it too badly yet as we've had mostly wonderful weather. But after the time change when it's dark at dinnertime, it will start to hang over my head. Ugh. That's when I change the lightbulbs to higher wattage. :)

Missy said...

That has to be the most gorgeous daylily I have ever seen! I love the contrasting colors.

Wish I could bottle up our perpetual summer and send you some.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol

I so hope that the package turns up soon. I'm really looking forward to receiving it. I'm keeping everything crossed that it's not got lost en-route.

Take care

Karen