Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thank You :-) and Paradigm Lost

Thanks for all the sweet words about Mermaids of the Deep Blue! I highly recommend this one as a very fun stitch! What a breeze they were, and the beading... not so bad as it looks! The hardest part about the whole entire project was choosing the right linen! I had to send two fabrics back to Silkweaver and tried a few from Sugar Maple Fabrics before I ended up finding the right one all the way around the world in Australia, at Stitches & Spice :-) I love seeing the fabrics others are using too - all are great! Anyhow - thank you - I love my blogger friends!
It's Paradigm Lost night again. Time to get to work...stitching...again with Jo! I went back to work on that huge, huge motif in the upper right. Maybe next week I will take a break from it and go back to the left side for a bit... I have been working on that big motif for three weeks now - may be time for a break :-)

It's New DVD Release Tuesday again! And Mike has already settled in with a bag of Oreos to watch X-Men: The Last Stand! No, I am nowhere near those Oreos!!
Daylily: Land of Cotton

***The high school many of my teen clients attend is under some kind of "Columbine-like threat" for Thursday! What with the incident in Colorado last week and then the one in Amish Country earlier this week, I guess it is our turn for at least a threat. I know the police are on this, but... Please pray for my kids! Thank you!

Stitched on today: Blessings Be Thine (why is this one taking me so long?? I am lucky if I can even get one leaf stitched when I pick it up each time) and Paradigm Lost

11 comments:

Von said...

I can understand your needing a break from the upper right motif, Carol. Guess that's the beauty of a Quaker - you can stitch something completely different on the same project. :D

Please, God, no more shootings.

Kitty Couture said...

That sampler sure is very impressive, Carol! Love the lily you posted today, with its frilly hem :)

lobea2004 said...

Dear Carol,
I'm back after a long time. I saw all your recent pictures and they're really beautiful, the flowers, your finish and your WIPs. I love all of them!

Anonymous said...

PL is looking great.

I can't believe you had trouble finding the right fabric for your Mermaids. I have a friend who just gave me fabric that is perfect for them :).

This is an especially pretty flower!

Myrna said...

Hi Carol!

Your Quaker is looking great...

I don't know what it is about Blessing Be Thine, but, I can't seem to get that one finished either! And, I really like it...

I'll be keeping the schools in my thoughts...

Kathy said...

Oh wow Mermaids looks absolutely faulous Carol, what a great finish. I just have the tails and beading to do on mine at the moment, but will be a couple of months at least before I get anywhere near finishing mine lol.

Your other stitching looks lovely too. Well done hun.

Hugs xxxxxxx

Cathy said...

The Amish school shooting is just horrible. It happened in my county and it's all that's been on the news. The more I hear about it, the less I want to know. Hopefully, nothing more will happen.

Anonymous said...

Your mermaids are beautiful- congrats on a stunning finish! Sorry I'm late to the party, but for some reason Blogroll isn't showing your blog as being updated.

Anne S said...

PL is looking fantastic - and your day's lily is absolutely stunning :D

Karoline said...

PL is looking stunning Carol, great progress

Casa Pearl said...

Your PL looks great Carol. I love the fabric. I got to see Jo's at CATS and that's incredible too.