Friday, November 24, 2006

Finally working the last corner now

I guess I was looking for every excuse in the book today to avoid working on Mystery IX yet again. So, I started and finished an entire gift today.... then got around to working on Part 11. I am glad I did, as I finished the third corner and have now made a dent in the final corner - with a week left to the month.

I heard from Bea today, alerting me that my gift to her also has made its trans-Atlantic voyage successfuly, and I grabbed her photo of it from her blog (the photo I took before posting it off was very overexposed and I was hoping I would not have to use it - thanks Bea, for a better photo!). I kept the construction simple on this one as it is a Prairie Schooler Design... there is a small primitive silver charm with a heart on it attached at the back of the fob's ribbon - you can sort of see it leaning against the scissor package. I wanted to give it a little something. I am really glad she has this now, as I totally missed her birthday back in September.

"B" from Christmas Alphabet

Prairie Schooler

32 ct Sage Jobelan, DMC floss

Stitched 11/14/06 - 11/15/06


I hit WalMart today - had to, needed shampoo and a condolence card for my FIL who lost his dog recently - and they had a big DVD sale - picked up The Omen for half price.

Stitched on today: Started and finished a gift, and Mystery IX

11 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love this little fob, great job and the Mystery so fun to watch progress. Happy Stitching, CJ

Anne S said...

Yet another gorgeous fob ... and you're caught up on IX - woohoo, you're a machine! :D Everything is beautiful, as always :D

Kitty Couture said...

What a cute fob for Bea! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Your Mystery IX is looking gorgeous Carol. There is so much work in it! Love the fob too.

Michelle said...

Love your cute fobs you've been making - this one is no exception. M9 and Women of the Mayflower both look fantastic. You are almost there with M9!

mainely stitching said...

What an adorable fob - and a PS design I hadn't seen before. Glad it made it safely to its destination, and I'm sure it'll be cherished. :)

Anonymous said...

You're a crazy girl, going out on Black Friday. Glad you survived. :) I hope that you will enjoy the next part of Mystery IX a bit more, so it doesn't seem like such a chore. It is such a beautiful piece; I think you'll be happy with it in the end. Beautiful fob for Bea, as well. I'm glad that it arrived safely and I'm sure she loves it.

Joanie said...

Lovely gift! And your Mystery IX is fabulous! Your WOTM looks good too and so apropos for the holiday.

I am glad that you had a nice holiday!

CindyMae said...

Love the progress, it is looking great! Also love the gift that you sent as well.

Anonymous said...

love your Mystery stitch. Nice work. Who is designer of Paridigm Lost and where can I get one.
Kathy from Canada

Anonymous said...

Your Mystery XI is just so pretty!! You are doing a splendid job on it! I love the little scissor fob you did too! I haven't done any Prairie Schooler before but I am looking forward to the one I got to do. So many neat designs out there!! Debby