Sunday, December 31, 2006

What I stitched in 2006...

Instead of typing up a list of what I managed to get stitched in 2006, I decided to give a pictorial presentation... I didn't include my WIPS, only my finishes...

| View Show | Create Your Own
(***I created a new photo show without music - I don't want to be intrusive :-)
I went right back to And A Forest Grew tonight. I cannot seem to put this one down. It really is as much fun to stitch as it looks! There are somewhere around 100 DMC (or Anchor) colors in this one. I love the Rose Topiary Tree! You will see there is an obvious unstitched area below the tree in the upper left corner. There will be two terra cotta colored birds there, and I would love to stitch them. However, the last two floss colors in the list are printed away from the entire list on a sticker attached to the page in my booklet. Unfortunately, I didn't notice those two colors when I kitted this huge project up... and, of course, I need one of those colors for the birds. I will have to do some hunting in my stash or head out to Joann's soon for them.

And, I heard from Lelia today that she received my little birthday gift that I made for her. I am thrilled that she loves it - it was such fun to make! The design is from the December issue of The Gift of Stitching online magazine, and it has a combination of over two and over one stitching throughout the design. It was such fun!

Quaker Flower Fob

Olde Willow Designs

36 ct Light Sand Edinburgh linen

Olde Willow Stitchery Hand-Dyed Threads

Stitched 12/23/06 - 12/25/06


I hope everyone is having (or had) a safe and fun New Year's Eve - Happy New Year to you all, my dear stitching friends! May you all find peace, health and prosperity throughout 2007.

Stitched on today: Finished a gift, and And A Forest Grew

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Carol, some beautiful finishes there. The slide show was just like a trip down memory lane! A wonderful way to share your finishes with us again. I really enjoyed it. Do you have a favourite finish of 2006?

And a Forest Grew is really starting to grow too. Lovely stitching as always. Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

I loved your presentation! You had some really lovely finishes in '06.

Happy New Year!

Susimac said...

Happy New Year to you both hope its a wonderful year for you.
WOW!! to all that you have accomplished this year, I love how you have presented it all.
Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish this year!
Hugs

Kitty Couture said...

Happy New Year, dear Carol! :)

Anonymous said...

I know I said this alrady but your compilation of 2006 finishes warrants me to repeat myself...you are true inspiration to the art of Cross Stitch Carol...thank you for inspiring all of us during 2006 and I look forward to continuing our new frienship in 2007.

Sue

stitcherw said...

Your finishes for 2006 are awesome, I can't believe how much you got done. The slideshow way of displaying them was really fun to watch, nice job (and I enjoyed the music too). Seeing all your lovely finishes motivates me to try and finish more this coming year. Hope you have a wonderful 2007,
Sue

Glenna said...

What a great presentation--and I loved seeing your finishes. I'm so glad that Angus is doing well and is home. Happy New Year to you and Mike!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on some gorgeous stitching in 2006. AAFG is looking lovely. Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

You have had some great finishes in 2006, looking forward to seeing more on 2007. :)

A very Happy New Year to you.

Barb said...

Nice presentation of your finishes. You have finished some beautiful pieces there. Your Forest grew piece is looking great.

Anonymous said...

That was a great presentation. You really did alot of stitching and finishing too. So many of us get the stitching done but the finishing is something else to think about. Have a great New Year and can't wait to see more of your accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

I loved your slide show Carol - thank you! It was great to see everything again. I even spotted a couple of beautiful fobs I must have missed seeing you post :)

A very Happy New Year to you and Mike and all the kitties (especially Angus!)

Anonymous said...

Lovely little present!!

Erin said...

I loved your slideshow...I watched the whole thing!! (Then I made one of my own for my blog, and watched that a couple times through, too...LOL)

Anonymous said...

I have to ask - do you ever sleep? That was one amazing list of finishes.