Sunday, June 03, 2007

Starting to look like something...

OK... Barbara's Neighborhood Round Robin is starting to look like something now... but still no house! Barbara guessed it right - this is from Hopeful by Carriage House Samplings. It is the right side of the chart, but I am omitting the words "two sheep farm" from the hill to be consistent with the rest of her round robin. Glad you like it, Barbara!! This is really some dense stitching, so it will actually take a little while longer to get to the house. While doing this tonight, I got to thinking that I might want to go with a Carriage House Samplings/Barrick Samplers theme for the Hello Neighbor Round Robin Group Three that starts next month... I had been toying with the idea of doing an all Blackbird Designs theme, but now this idea is starting to stand out more.... hmmm.... I think it would be pretty neat! This will be put away now until at least Thursday....

Well.... although he was on the pole again for today's race, this is as far as Ryan Newman's #12 Alltel Dodge got today - under wraps on pit road, rained out! I guess they will try to race tomorrow. The remnants of Tropical Storm Barry are all over the east coast right now. Good luck Ryan!!

Stitched on today: Barbara's Neighborhood Round Robin

19 comments:

BeckySC said...

It's looking amazing! I can't wait to see it finished.

Leeny said...

I love watching these Neighbourhood RRs grow! They all look amazing :)

And so sorry to do it this way, but I couldn't locate an e-mail address on your profile! I would like to contribute to the Freebie Gallery blog. Thanks! :)

eileen

mainely stitching said...

A CHS NRR would be awesome. Seriously gorgeous. :D I'm utterly thrilled with the block you're doing on my NRR, Carol - thanks!! :D

Anonymous said...

I amrealy looking forward to seeing the pictures of all the neighbourhood robins finished. Seeing little previews here and there is so tantalising.

cathymk said...

Looking wonderful Carol! I'm looking forward to seeing the house!

Nicole said...

Very Pretty Carol! Too bad about the race, hope you'll be able to watch it today!

Annemarie said...

Oh, yes, I have the perfect design for a CHS neighbourhood! I was going to stitch it for myself first, but it wouldn't fit with the river that runs through my village. I'm hoping for an awful lot of CHS in my neighbourhood as well.

Wendy said...

Barbara's RR is growing so well, and from the ground up. I can't wait to see the house!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It's looking great Carol!

Kajsa said...

That's turning out really pretty! What a great idea for RR #3.

Karoline said...

The RR is looking lovely, great progress. The exchange pieces are both lovely

Kathy A. said...

your neighborhood scene is looking wonderful. Love those little sheep.

tintocktap said...

It's wonderful watching those RRs grow - can't wait to see the whole thing! Look forward to seeing more of your house.

Lelia said...

hi Carol, I'm enjoying the construction of your RR!

Awesome gifts, too : )

Enjoy

stitcherw said...

Nice progress, looking forward to seeing the rest of it.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like it, too! I like the idea for your RR!

Michelle said...

I love what you're stitching on this RR. And I love your idea for your own - how fun! I hope that you can get the closure you're wanting with your sister - that is a hard situation, when the problem you're having is with your family. Big hugs.

Jenn said...

It's looking great Carol! Keep up the good work.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Barbara's RR is looking great!!!