Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thank You Barbara!!


I got back to work on Karen's Neighborhood Round Robin again tonight. It took much longer than I had expected to fill in the red of the house. Now that that is done, my little ideas are starting to take shape. The photo is a bit overexposed, sorry! You can see I added some birds from And A Forest Grew a couple of nights ago. Now I am using elements from Harvest Blessing by Country Cottage Needleworks...

I received a real treat in the mail today! Thank you so much, Barbara, for the lovely package of birthday gifts!

As you can see, Barbara sent me some gorgeous cuts of 40 ct linen and three skeins of Thread Gatherer Silk 'n Colors! I love it all! These choices are just right for me, and I want to use them all - right now! Thank you, dear friend!!

I also received a couple of packages of stash today - items I ordered for myself for my birthday - I definitely think LHN's Garden Pleasures has to be started soon, perhaps as a new "at work" project!! It has been absolutely forever since I have had new stash, so this is a big treat.

Mike and I are both struggling with a stomach bug right now, though. I have continued to go to work, but am tired. I owe some important email replies, and I will have to make sure to fit time in for those tomorrow - An and Karen, I promise!!

Stitched on today: Needleroll Exchange project, and Karen's Neighborhood Round Robin

22 comments:

Kathy said...

RR looks great. Can't wait to see what you add to it. Nice stash.

Kitty Couture said...

Wonderful gifts from Barbara, she is such a great friend. You're doing a lovely work on that RR.

Christine said...

How lucky you are ! Beautiful silk and fabric. I don't know exactely when is your birthday (i must confess i didn't read all your posts) but : JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE !

Anonymous said...

Great stash Carol and a lovely package from Barbara too :)

Hope you're feeling better soon - stomach bugs are no fun!

Anonymous said...

Good for you that you treat yourself with great stash. I am sending good vibes for both your health and happy stitching. Great gifts from Barbara too. Ann.

ollie1976 said...

Feel better.
-Jen

Karoline said...

Gorgeous gifts and stash :)

I hope you both feel better soon

Jenn said...

The RR looks great! You got some great stash! I see you got the piece i'm working on from LHN.

I hope you and Mike are both feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Those Neighbourhood robins are just so cute. I love all the little houses, gardens and animals. I think you are all very talented to bring together these designs. I haven't seen one yet that I dont like.

What a wonderful gift from Barbara! Just your colours too. And STASH! Mmmmmmm, stash! lol That must have been the package from heaven :o)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The RR looks great :)
The Birthday package from Barbara is so sweet :)
And that stitchy stash is wonderful too...:)
Carol I bought Garden Pleasures and Bee Rule Accoutrements for my birthday too :) Great minds and all that...

tintocktap said...

All that yummy stash - lucky you! Karen's RR is looking great too, I'll be watching to see what you add next.

BeckySC said...

Wonderful gifts from Barbara and what great stash you purchased!! The RR is looking good!
Take care and feel better soon.

Michelle said...

Fabulous gifts! Love the stash you picked out - those LHN pieces are all adorable. The RR is looking great - love the corn!

Susimac said...

Lovely stash and what a lovely gift from Barbara.

Karen said...

Ohh lovely gifts and stash!! Hope you both feel better soon.

Ranae said...

I love the RR, I cant wait to see all the littles you add to it. That sure is a nice gift and the stash is awesome. I love the needleroll you did for Vonna. I hope you feel better. I have been fighting off the flu too, some days I feel better then others.

Hazel said...

Wow what a lot of stash and some lovley gifts from Barbara. How nice. Love your neighborhood piece. xx

Stitch Wizard said...

Oh Carol your stash is wonderful!! You have such good taste!! Your birthday is still on the way isn't it? My DH has one too on the 27th! I love the round robin you are doing!! Great job! Debby :)

Katrina said...

Hi Carol,doing a catch up of your recent posts this morning. Sorry to hear that both Mike and yourself have been sick, I hope you are taking it easy and feel much better.

Wonderful gifts there from Barbara, and love the SB needleroll you stitched. I have the freebie but never seen it stitched before - its lovely.

mainely stitching said...

I'm so glad you like the gifts, Carol!! I can't wait to see what beautiful things you make of them. :D

Sharon said...

Great stash and just lovely gifts from Barbara! I hope you and Mike feel better soon.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What great stash Carol!